'easybuild' Spitfire- spurious paint scheme?

Killingholme

Think I know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask.

I noticed the same 'easy build' snap tite model as below in a few shops. The pink colour scheme looks abour correct for one of 140 Squadrons' PR 1 Spitfires, but the aircraft is a MkVb with cannons. Is this simply a case of the manufacturer squeezing an inappropriate (albeit pretty) scheme out of their existing base model?

http://aircraft.corsarius.net/2007/01/21/s...f-140-sqn-1941/

Will

Edited by Killingholme

The real X4784, as depicted in the model, was a PR.IG model, therefore had the 8 mgs A wing and not the B wing as in the model. So in a sense yes, the manufacturer applied a real scheme to the wrong version of spitfire

It's not a diecast, it's the prebuilt version of the Hobbyboss kit. My boy has one :

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

They came prebuilt, like the one in the OP, partly finished like this one or as the kits we are all familiar with. There are a few Airfix branded ones out there too.

John

Different.................. a PR. Spit with a bomb attached. So you drop the bomb and then photo the damage.................... 1 sortie rather than 2......... that's defence cuts for you!!!

Edited by jenko

ah well, thought as much. They looked pretty in the shop and I thought for the sake of drilling a few holes in the fuselage to represent the cameras, it would be a fun waste of a couple of hours (and to be fair, only a couple of quid too...) to make a 'near-enough' PR 1G, but it's not worth the mods required to make a MKv become a Mki- not leats because I'd never match that paint colour!

cheers guys,

btw, I like the bomb too: I suppose the model is technically an F.B.R. MkV then?! :huh:

Will