Monogram SR-71, But as a M-21 and D-21 drone

sweaty

An excellent choice sir. I feel like building an SR-71 myself...oh wait I am! :P

Will be nice to see the drone carrying option, there is a fair amount of bare titanium on that example is there not?

Looks lovely indeed! Seeing all that Titanium makes me wonder how much an SR-71 would cost to build in todays money, a hell of alot I bet! This model will look great :)

It is, been dying to do one for a while but didn't want to start another kit :wacko:

Small progress with the cockpit, adding some minor detail to the seats, hopefully so they look a little like the real thing :)

pict0893.jpg

Thanks Jamie

Edited by sweaty

Little update, got the main body together and just filling and sanding not worth a piccy just yet

Been looking in the Tony Landis book (good book by the way) and it looks like 60-6940 drone never had the extra little pitots? Thingys and was flown with covers over the exhaust and intake

So ive sanded those off and am going to make a couple of covers out of milliput whis me luck :)

pict0919.jpg

Opps and bang seats finished, not my best but the canopys gonna be closed

pict0920x.jpg

all the best Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Ok little progress with the drone. Made the covers u out of milliput and am almost there...

if your wondering where i got the idear from they are in the Tony Landis Lockheed Blackbird Family Photo Scrapbook, pages 40-44. Well worth the pennys if your a Blackbird lover :D

Just a little more sanding and then time for some paint :)

pict0922.jpg

pict0931u.jpg

pict0933.jpg

All comments welcome as ever

All the best Jamie

• 1 month later...