Swiss Air Force Hawk Mk66. ***Completed***

Muller

• 2 months later...

Hope it's not too late to mention it now..... the Swiss Hawks have a slightly different wing compared to the RAF ones: the Swiss (and all the export Mk.6x series planes) have 3 extra smaller wing fence inboard of the main ones. You might still be in time to add these !

Cheers guys, didn't know that Giorgio, checking it out now.

This one went together a bit better than the last build, not as much filling and sanding. Got it painted yesterday evening and this morning.

Primed, preshaded, grey and black bits painted...

P1010182.jpg

I masked off the wings and nose then gave it a spray of white all over, more white on the top of the fuselage and tail, no pic of this stage.

Then I masked off the white bits and gave it a spray of red all over...

P1010183.jpg

All tape removed, it needs a few touch ups where I got some red overspray...

P1010185.jpg

Thanks for looking.

That really is quite stunning Keith. Were it not for the background she'd look exactly as if sitting in a hanger somewhere in Switzerland.

Cheers Col, got some outdoor pics between showers today, it's more like november than july here. :raincloud:

I added some tags (to try out the tin of dayglo orange I bought recently) and tried making those 'noddy caps' for the sidewinders.

P1010216.jpg

P1010217.jpg

P1010219.jpg

P1010218.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010227.jpg

I was going to try building one of the Revell 1/32 Red Arrows Hawk for this GB, but I don't think I'll get a chance, maybe we'll have another Hawk GB sometime??

Thanks to the hosts and all the words of encouragement from everyone :speak_cool:

Cheers fellas, I'm going take a break from GB's for a few weeks, I have until November to finish my Phantom.

I think I'll build a prop plane next, I've been building jets all year! Thanks again!