1/48 FW 190 A-8

gfurm

Paint on and then preshaded. I do it this way as I find it much easier to control how much preshade stays visible (does it make sense?).

..interesting technique...first time I've come across it.. makes sense re the shading, but means you have to paint it twice I guess. Why not just post-shade?

Why not just post-shade?

Simple: I have no idea how to do that :). If it means going along panel lines with darker colour (like green or brown) my hands are not that steady with airbrush to risk that. A link to good tutorial on postshading anyone?

Greg

Painting completed now. Gloss coat also on but not on those photos. Decals will go on tommorow and work's going to start on undercarriage and prop. Not much left to do in terms of building, mostly painting and weathering left. Paint chipping done with sponge and it's much easier than salt.

And I managed to break second gun barrel :).

Greg

_IGP7858.jpg

_IGP7859.jpg

_IGP7860.jpg

I've been decaling over the last few days, and it's finished now.

_IGP7861.jpg

_IGP7862.jpg

But as usual with my builds something went wrong. What is missing on this photo?

_IGP7863.jpg

Yes, I messed up and destroyed this decal so I can't finish this thing until I can replace it. Does anyone have a spare one from this kit? Please, please, pretty please can somebody help me :).

Greg

Greg,

It's looking good, like the markings you chose.

If the decal is no.3 or no.5 on the decal sheet then I have a couple of each that I can send you.

PM your address and I'll send them tomorrow.

Pete

Greg,

It's looking good, like the markings you chose.

If the decal is no.3 or no.5 on the decal sheet then I have a couple of each that I can send you.

PM your address and I'll send them tomorrow.

Pete

Thanks Pete, really appreciate that.

But I'm very impatient man and I made a stencil and painted the bloody thing already :). It doesn't look that bad, just one edge a bit iffy but I think it's OK. I'll send you PM anyway as I may want to use decal over that anyway, just need to compare it when it's dry.

Greg

Missed your 'finished' message but then saw the pics in the finished thread. It looks excellent, really does, you got great results! Do Eduard do these kinds kits in 1:72 scale do you know?

J.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have to think about going to 1/48, need to find the room for my built kits and at least at 1/72 they take up less space!

J.

Hehe, I'm seriously thinking about going to 1/72 due to size and cost. But these Eduard 1/48 planes are sooo good and nice. And I love those 1/48 PE parts, not tried those in 1/72 yet. But I got 1/72

Revell Gannet and I'm going to get Eduard PE parts for it, if it goes OK I'll switch to 1/72.

Greg