1/32 F3 Tornado Conversion.

Hi Folks, Im aware that the build thread somewhat dried up, but tbh im not really sure how interested you guys would be in the building of Hindenburger tanks Aim 9's and stuff. Anyhow, she is now what I would call finished.

The First of my trio of 11 Sqdn machines, ZE 887.

This conversion was from the Revell ECM kit together with Mendert's resin conversion set and some of Paul Parkes decals for the fin.

I am going to be honest and state that this aircraft will not stand up to close scrutiny. There are areas of VERY dodgy paintwork where the acrylic and enamel paint has reacted slightly and i had no way of replicating the white walkway limit dotted lines, so i ended up hand painting them. Yep i know they are solid and a little thick but!

The Skyflash markings are made up as are the missiles themselves ,actually being Sparrows, but a little comparison at the cosford museum highlighted little difference other than a small fairing on the Skyflash's

One other area of confusion, Surely a 1/32 pilot is a 1/32 pilot no matter what kit they come from? these boys are from the Tamiya F15 Eagle and appear a little small aginst the seat, in fact the front seater appears to be a real "tarse". In addition space in the cockpit is so much of a premium, the front seater has had to have his legs taken off below the knee to fit under the control consol!

Anyhow, on with the show.

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

Next up 2x Phantom builds for the F4 GB

There are areas of VERY dodgy paintwork where the acrylic and enamel paint has reacted slightly and i had no way of replicating the white walkway limit dotted lines, so i ended up hand painting them.

Sounds like my painting style - I wouldn't copy me if I was you! :winkgrin:

Looks fine to me!

That's a very nice model, well done.

It's in the wrong markings though! (I flew with XXV(F) at Leeming 2001 - 2003) :D

BTW, we never called them "Hindenburger" tanks, in fact, the only people I've ever heard them refer to them as this are modellers. We called them "Lima" tanks (for large). The other ones were "Mike" tanks; medium. Not very imaginative I know. I never came across any small tanks!

Once again, a very nice model.

Edited by Haggis

Ay up Pharty me Ol Chum, as you know Tornados are not my cup of tea, but you know me, and I dont mince my words....... So, what can I say? Other than shes the Dogs Danglies my friend :worthy:

Thanks for sharing your hard work my friend :thumbsup2:

Bexy

P.S: Look forwards to ya Phantoms in the GB :yahoo: