ESCI/Italeri 1/72 Harrier GR.3

I'm looking forward to building this one. It'll be XV738 in anniversary markings.

I believe that XV738 was the first production Harrier and that the special markings were designed by Enzo Matrix, Britmodeller :thumbsup:

The kit

IMG_0582.jpg

The decals for the tail markings and a Pavla resin exhaust/intake set

IMG_0583.jpg

Edited by Paul

• 3 months later...

Gosh I've left this a bit late to make a start!

I've also had a bit of a change of heart with the markings as I found an old Modeldecal set with the same aircraft testing out schemes for the Harrier II as here

I started with the back end, just for a change

IMG_6914.jpg

Then the pointy end

IMG_6917.jpg

Then both together

IMG_6924.jpg

And I've got this far today

IMG_6928.jpg

I've got a clear weekend next weekend, so I'm aiming to get the main painting done then.

It's an absolute gem of a kit isn't it? Those Pavla add ons do it justice. Looks like you've got a nice, clean build going on there. And no, you've not left it too late, I only started my entry a couple of weeks back!

Mark.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had much time to post updates, but I have been carrying on with the build.

Hopefully it should be completed tomorrow, as usual just in the nick of time!

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

To my eyes the GR3 looks very attractive in the modern looking paint scheme that was being trialed for the Harrier 2.

Good looking build of a good model. I've toyed with the idea of doing both of these GR3's and keep thinking that I'll have enough Grey or Green schemed Harriers, but having seen this one built up I think I might just have to take the plunge and do them!

Mark.