Let's see the rarest, most esoteric kits in your stash....

Vlamgat9

Here's a couple of sweeties.

This one, I don't know if it could truly be called rare, but it is quite unusual,

289962145.jpg

And this one is definately both rare and very unusual,

289962146.jpg

There's a letter inside from the factory to the customer dated 1966, the whole thing is mint and it's really very cute :speak_cool:

Jen.

Here’s mine, nothing to spectacular I’m afraid but all 1.48

Rarest:

Got this for 99p off ebay, have never seen it again, Rare but not valuable!

rare.jpg

Esoteric:

Bought from hannants specials, no reason, just cos it was different

ecsentric.jpg

I thought I’d add, favourite as well:

favorite.jpg

Next three Heli builds (maybe):

I have to confess that I have a big box marked "Collectables, not to be built", which I open up from time to time and slaver over - all 1/72:

Contrail Blackburn Blackburn (man, is she U-G-L-Y)

Aeroclub Fairey Flycatcher

Merlin Penguin Replica Hawker Osprey (man, is she C-R-U-D-E)

Britavia Westland Dragonfly (how do you glue acetate?)

Airfix Type 3:

P1127, Draken, HP 0/400 (I have a later "to be built" one too) Wildcat VI, Whirlwind HAR1, Draken, Kingfisher, Camel (x2), AVRO 504k, Spad, RE8, Brisfit, Blenheim, Centurion.

Full set (nearly, cos I built some last year) of Airfix Hawker/AW Seahawks (type 2, 3, 4(blister)x2, 5, blueprint, and RNHF issue)

Airfix Type 4:

Heron, Bristol 192, Spitfire Vb, Beaufighter, Emergency Set, Widgeon.

Frog (bagged & carded) Sea Venom, Vampire, Tempest, Folgore, Bf109F, Wildcat.

Frog Canberra, Hornet, Vengeance, Super Sabre, Skyhawk, Intruder, Baltimore, Master III.

Frog Red Label Shark & Barracuda (factory sealed)

Frog Blue Label Wessex Mk1

Plus a few more recent rare "builders" -

Project X 1154

Frog Sea Vixens (x2).

KP Mig 19 & Mig 15

Valom Firebrand

Pavla Roc

Glencoe Bristol Sycamore

Ventura Seafire 47

Fujimi FG1 Phantom (Silver Jubilee)

Yumo Super Galeb

Italeri Canberra with Aeroclub nose/engines

B)

Not hensteeth but stuff i wouldn't part with :-

I have a few 1/72 nd Ventura Seafires / various Mk's

A shoebox full of Fujimi Speyed Phannies.

I covet the box lids from my F.A.A Boxings of Hasegawa Avengers,Wildcats,Hellcat-even though the plastic is readily available.

Some old Merlin Models Spitfire Mk XII's.

I, too, have the Belcher Bits 1/48 Lynx, but that's obviously not rare enough...

The Aconcagua 1/48 RAF Tucano hasn't been mentioned, though, so that's probably it.

I also have a Welsh Models 1/72 Embraer 145

Most esoteric is probably the Lindberg 1/48 Snark...

bestest,

M.

Rare,ish. But will be built anyway.

Freightliner.jpg

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Nick.

I can't upload photos at the moment, but I'd say the rarest thing I have would be the Blackbeard Resins Hawker P.1067 Demon. There were only three cast before the mould broke and the owner never got round to sorting it out. That and the fuselage was the wrong length.

Other rarities would include the G-model kit of an un-named Focke Wulf project (I did have a few other G-model kits but they were passed over to various Luftwaffe 46 fanatics when I got bored with the Napkinwaffe. I only wish I'd been able to buy the Bv 144 airliner when I saw it because I've never seen that kit again.), a Spot On resins Hawker P.1128 "Huntsman" conversion and a pair of Comet Miniatures Blake's 7 Liberator kit. Finally, an Aurora Lockheed AH 56 Cheyenne which will end up as an RAAF machine. Screw collecting, kits are meant to be built!

Esoteric would be a Japanese resin kit of the Focke Wulf Ta 183 by an outfit called Z Model. It's so identical to the Arba kit I'd say one was the copy of the other.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0

plastic constructor Posted Today, 01:42 PM

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Nick.

Nick.

I've got to thank Fastcat for that one, plus a few more. Inc; International Transtar Eagle, White Road Boss, K-wopper 123.

Edited by Diesel Donkey

• 1 year later...

Sorry - just spotted this long dead - but interesting - thread...

Quite a few rarities - but rarest is prolly a Preiser 1:32 Alpha Jet - hand cast from rocking horse droppings!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Cost me the grand sum of £35. It will be built as a Ronnie Peterson machine if I can get some Goodyear tyres! :coolio:

JPS.jpg

Sorry about the plans pickie, can't fit the box in the scanner.

W

You still looking for those Goodyears?

I see Tamiya have said they're gonna reissue all the 1/12ths you may finally be in luck.

H

Edited by The Hooded Claw

Now if you want rare this is rare. The only one I have ever seen and it was given to me as a part build. I have it more or less complete now and I've been offered very serious money for the box and instructions!

2009_04140001.jpg

THC

Now if you want rare this is rare. The only one I have ever seen and it was given to me as a part build. I have it more or less complete now and I've been offered very serious money for the box and instructions!

2009_04140001.jpg

THC

Yeah thats rare!!

My rarest are (I think) and dunno how rare they are but never seen them anywhere else:

Aurora 1/48 Sopwith Triplane

Aurora 1/48 Albatros CII

Frog Mercedes 300 SL Gull Wing - partially built and needs the paint stripping

sorry - no pix as in the loft at present.

cheers

Rick

Frog Mercedes 300 SL Gull Wing - partially built and needs the paint stripping

Funnily enough I've got the same kit in the same condition. Do you have the instructions because I don't and I'd kill for a copy.

THC

I'll take a look THC - not likely to be this side of the weekend but I'll be up there soon. Got the box, not sure about the instructions.

Had another think and came up with these:

VP (Victoria Productions) Otter X2

and most esoteric? Well it has to be Esoteric's ( :wicked: ) very own 1/48th Bell 47 - Niice!

Never seen one before or since - plenty of 1/72 but not this one.

Rick

The ones that come to mind are.............

LDM

Tiger Moth both civil and military

Christen Eagle

Pitts Special

Mew Gull

Plus a Hawk Speed Six that needs rebuilding (anyone have decals and a canopy?)

Pamela Veal

Meteor F8

All 1/48

Malcolm

The most esoteric kit in my stash has to be a Warp "Shadow Killer", an unlicensed hack of a kit based reasonably closely on the legendary "Whitestar" from the third season of Babylon 5.

I don't have a pic, mainly because it's cast in that old, semi-translucent fibre-glass resin tinted purple, if I look at it funny something cracks or snaps off! It's also the reason I haven't built it yet, I'm not sure if my skills run to building kits made from spun glass!

I suppose the rarest kit I have, at least for me, is an original issue CA Meteor F.8, the Hannants boxing with duff decals and alternative canopies. I think its rare because I get a mention on the instructions! Wooooohooooo :yahoo::frantic:

Edited by TheModeller

Think the only rare-ish things I have are the MPC Raiders of the Lost Ark set and a large scale General Lee Dodge Charger. Can't think of anything particulary esoteric.

Paul Harrison