Let's see the rarest, most esoteric kits in your stash....

Vlamgat9

Along with my very large Imai Zero-x

I have one of these, in slightly better condition too

airfix-set.JPG

Dave

Some of my Rare Birds currently residing in the "Palace de Plastique", the shed to you and me, are:

Airways:

Vickers VC10

AW Argosy

Airmodel:

Vickers Valetta

Contrail:

Blackburn Beverley

Short Singapore

Blackburn Perth

Blackburn Kangaroo

Blackburn Iris

Short Rangoon/Calcutta

Fairey Hendon

TSR2

Formaplane:

HS Andover

Hmmm!

Airfix SR-53. I have 2. One in the original poly bag & the other in a Polish boxing.

2 original Airfix 1/144 Concordes. One of which was released in Air France markings

2 1/144 C-5A Galaxies. One in the Revell boxing & the other in the Testors boxing

Airfix VC-10 (BOAC ) in original Sky kings boxing.

Airfix C-130 with Bloodhound missile

Aurora C-141 Starlifter (1/110 scale I think)

Kitmaster Garrett locomotive

Collectors may now feel free to shudder but, all of these kits will be BUILT!!! My poor addled brain cannot grasp the concept of buying kits & NOT having any intention of building them!! :lol:

Hmmm,

My rarest model would be the classic airfame 1/48 Fokker G1, Heinkel He 112, the old Fokker D21 and the old Defiant.

Oh, and the old revell/italeri boxing of the 1/72 Messerschmitt Me 321 Gigant.

Cheers Arnold

No picss but, in 1/32nd, I have the Aerodynamix Buccaneer, The Revell (USA) Tornado GR-1 "Desert Storm". In 1/48th I have the Italeri YF-12 "Thing" The DC-130 "Drone Controller", The original AC-130 "Gunship" with three bladed props and Vietnam camo and the Hasegawa F-18B "Topgun"

Couple of Tsukuda oddities, both with box art by Masao Satake (who does the covers of the Bunrin-Do FAOW series). The Shiragiku has a vacform fuselage, injection molded wings and stabilisors and white metal detail parts. The Saetta is ex-Revell - Tsukuda released a few of these with new box art including the Do 335 (ex-Frog) and He-115 (ex-Frog). Have those too but no pics.

shiragiku.jpg

tsukudasaetta.jpg

Interesting thread - turned up a good few kits I'd certainly never heard of before.

As for my own obscurities...

Maintrack (I think?) Bristol Type 188

Aurora F8U-1

Rareplanes Skyshark (for sale)

Revell F-101A (for sale)

Anigrand C-124

Still itching to find a Helio Courier or a Fairchild Peacemaker at halfway sensible prices... The Peacemaker's just a matter of time, but the Helio seems really quite rare.

hythe,

Roden already do a 1/48 AU-23 Peacemaker in plastic. Think there may be a civilian version out later on.

Regards,

Gerard

Yep, I know - it's the Roden that I'm waiting to pick up at a sensible price (i.e. more like £15 than £25) - already have the Air America edition in the stash - the Peacemaker's not rare, unlike the Courier, just mildly esoteric.

Actually, I nearly forgot the luvverly Collect-aire TF-9J "Two-gar" which I recently acquired from another member. My Vietnam collection is nearing completion... Anyone ever seen a kit of the QT-2PC or YO-3A?

• 3 weeks later...

http://[iM085-1.jpgG]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/albeback52/084-1.jpg[/img]IMG]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/albeback52/083-1.jpg[/img]082-1.jpg

One of my latest aquisitions. Another reboxing of the old Otaki 1/144 C-5A Galaxy. Actually managed to get this at a reasonable price on ebay!. I have 2 other C-5A kits. Sorry - they are NOT for sale!! :lol:

Rare. Possibly

Esoteric, Probably

Mike

1/35 Kleeware "Bermuda Yawl" - 1958

2011-05-08111612.jpg

1/48 Fiat Ritmo - production date unknown

2011-05-08112058.jpg

1/48 Citroen Dyane 6 - production date unknown

2011-05-08112128.jpg

1/48 Fiat Ritmo - production date unknown

2011-05-08112058.jpg

1/48 Citroen Dyane 6 - production date unknown

2011-05-08112128.jpg

I had both of those as a kid, except my Dyane was blue. I also had an orange VW Golf, and a white one, which I think was some kind of Renault. I wish I'd kept them, they were great!

I don't have anything that is truly rare or esoteric, but I do have a few kits which are fairly highly sought after and usually fetch a pretty price on Ebay:

I have all of the CA kits of British subjects, but here's some of the more sought after ones:

rk1.jpg

rk2.jpg

rk3.jpg

Here's a few Hasegawa boxings that you don't see very often:

rk4.jpg

And then a few more kits which often fetch a premium price on Ebay (the Spitfire should be with the Hasegawa kits above):

rk5.jpg

rk6.jpg

rk7.jpg

Just found the pics of my rarest kits in the '....Juciest kits...' thread! Near the end.

Edited by Paul J