1/72 Mosquito FB VI

Neil

Hello Neil, sorry I haven't been across to the workshop; life's been a bit hectic. Miggins and I both reached 50, the boys have been at home, I've started the motorbike course whilst fettling the Tiger Cub and I'm also doing the work for the annual on the Christen Eagle! In between all that the Gardening Fuehrer has been very active........... Still the best looking Mossie out there though! See you soon; 12 days off at the start of May. :speak_cool:

Hello Neil, sorry I haven't been across to the workshop; life's been a bit hectic. Miggins and I both reached 50, the boys have been at home, I've started the motorbike course whilst fettling the Tiger Cub and I'm also doing the work for the annual on the Christen Eagle! In between all that the Gardening Fuehrer has been very active........... Still the best looking Mossie out there though! See you soon; 12 days off at the start of May. :speak_cool:

No problem Steve, just finished the instructions for all the new stuff, now waiting for all the canopies to arrive. A bit behind schedule but getting there!!

I'll show you how to ride a motorbike .... :whistling: :bristow:

Lovely looking kit. Got one in the stash, and am planning on doing the same Banff strike wing colours.

Really well done.

Nick

Thanks Nick. They really are a nice thing to put together.

B)

Sharp job of a 143 Sqn machine. There's a nice colour photo of this machine around as well.

The mossie comes right after the beau in my book. :thumbsup:

Beautiful Neil.

I've always preferred the version with the perspex nose myself, but that is a stunning job.

John

Burn the witch! :P

Gun nose is the best... and you're right Neil it is without doubt the most beautiful & graceful flying machine ever :D

No problem Steve, just finished the instructions for all the new stuff, now waiting for all the canopies to arrive. A bit behind schedule but getting there!!

I'll show you how to ride a motorbike .... :whistling: :bristow:

Thanks Nick. They really are a nice thing to put together.

B)

OK Neil, then I'l show you how to do some spinning :whistling:

Gun nose is the best... and you're right Neil it is without doubt the most beautiful & graceful flying machine ever :D

Mmm....Hornet:) THe Mossie is one of my all time favourites for aesthetics and what it could do in spite of the initial doubts from a wooden aeroplane.

Nice model regardless.

Jens

Thanks for the comments 'peeps.!!

and don't call me Shirly.

I should of seen that one coming shouldn't I ? :D

OK Neil, then I'l show you how to do some spinning :whistling:

Spinning, huh ? Do you have provision for a sick-bag I can use then ? :whistling:

If I remember correctly, my flying helmet came off the last time, when you pulled that loop. Must remember to do the chin-strap up next time .... :pilot:

B)

Hi Neil,

Really well done Mosquito; congratulations on a fine effort. I'm grateful for the pics you've included as well, as they have captured the result very sharply. May I ask how you achieved the white ring and disc on the yellow spinners, please?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Neil,

May I ask how you achieved the white ring and disc on the yellow spinners, please?

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew

I scribed lines around each spinner by supergluing a sharp point to some coins and 'swiping' the point all the way around them. Height of the point can be raised/lowered by adding or removing coins (or any other flat material that can be used as a shim). With scribed lines it makes painting the rings much easier :)

146_4658.jpg

B)

Use 'stickers' for those...... oops, I mean 'decals'. :rolleyes:

B)

They're not for the feint hearted, are they? Can't you get various shapes & colors of spirals on a generic sheet somewhere? :hmmm:

Guest Drewe

You're all wrong. Bull nose and twin stage Merlins are where it's at!

(Or tangling with a -262 for the Dogfight Double veterans!)

Andrew

I scribed lines around each spinner by supergluing a sharp point to some coins and 'swiping' the point all the way around them. Height of the point can be raised/lowered by adding or removing coins (or any other flat material that can be used as a shim). With scribed lines it makes painting the rings much easier :)

B)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the explanation and the picture, makes it all clear now. Again, really well done.

Cheers,

Andrew.