Welcome to the Out of the Box (OOB) Group Build

It's still your model - so if you wish to paint it differently that's fine - it's just purchased aftermarket accessories that are disallowed, scratch building is fine.

Aftermarket decals are disallowed without clearing - for example Erwin's just using some custom codes with spare roundels so that's fine.

Sorry if this point has been belaboured before but how much scratch building is considered too much and its no longer "out of the box"? I've been looking at this Lunar Module and its crying out for some work on the interior as there are windows and a pilot supplied but the inside is bare of any detail. So I was thinking about scratch building the interior control panels and various other components, and possibly adding an LED light inside to illuminate the interior. However, this is moving quite a bit away from "out of the box" so I thought I'd better check first before starting out...

Hi

Newbie here

I was thinking on joining in here if possible. Have a Short Empire Flying Boat that would do for this, but it has no decals. Is it OK with the Mods if I use some Aeroclub civvie spares that I have?

If this post lands on an incorrect runway, please forgive any resultant carnage

I will be doing the Hobbyboss Typhoon IB. Is it OK if I use decals from the spares box for the roundels and fin flash? The kit-supplied ones are all present but the colours are far too bright and just don't look right. I'll obviously use codes, serials, stencils, D-Day stripes etc from the box.

Would the mods mind if I started another OOB build? My SR-71 build has hit a snag and needs filler (which I need to order) so I'm not sure I'll be getting it finished in time. I was going to blast through a Tamiya Fw190A-8/R2 for the remaining 4 weeks if that is ok?

Edited by rowmk9

That would be fine

Cheers! I just wanted to check beforehand. I will try and get the SR-71 done too, but its causing me much grief at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

Morning!

Did I ever say I was in on this one? So many GBs going on I've forgotten which one's I said I'd enter. I only realised after it had finished that I'd said I'd be in on the Lancaster GB! Anyway, I am in (if it's not too late) and I'm off to the garage now to look for something... Back in a mo!