1/72 T.52

The pitot broke off?

How did you guess ?? :)

Don't forget to lose the "camera" on the nose as well!

The nose camera is already history, it lost against an attack by filler and sanding. I will have to drill out a new camera window in front of the air intake though.

Nils

Edited by Vingtor

• 3 months later...

I haven't done much modelling this summer, but finally the T.52 is ready for painting. Unfortunately it will not be finished for the GB deadline.

The cockpit is completed, with a pilot in the front seat. I had to struggle to fit the LF Models canopy and windshield to the Bobkit cockpit. I'm not too happy with the result, especially the front of the windshield.

T52_22_800.jpg

T52_23_800.jpg

Nils

Finally the time for painting has arrived. The undersides have got a coat of Xtracolor Azure Blue.

T52_24_800.jpg

T52_25_800.jpg

The fuel tanks have previously been painted Lt. Aircraft Grey and Dark Sea Grey.

Middle Stone next.

Nils

All you need to finish it off, is a Skyhook to display it on ;)

For the Skyhook trials, G-VTOL was painted in its last colour scheme, light grey and white.

It'd be nice if you could bring that to SMW2011 - love to see it for real.

I hope to bring it to Telford for the Harrier SIG display.

Nils

Nicely done Nils - strange in those colours though - I suppose being so used to DSG and DG! With regards to your artwork on the signature.....was the roundel actually on the fuselage and not on the intake?

The colours are indeed unusual. That's what makes this scheme interesting. The fuselage roundels were on the aft fuselage on G-VTOL. These, as well as the military serial ZA250, were applied sometime prior to the 1978 Farnborough show.

Nils