1/35th - Abandoned Mil Mi-4 Russian Air Force

Thanks James, I'm losing interest on it at the moment. Really can't be bothered getting it back out.

That being the case you perhaps should do something else for a few days or so, I can imagine the time and effort going into this and it would be a shame to rush something and regret it.

Have a break then crack on with renewed vigour, I think we all want to see this progress at this level mate !

Si.

It won't ever be rushed, I don't do rushed :lol: So long as it's done for SMW I don't care :), Just need a break I think as you say. Can't do anything on the Me-109 or the Porsche as I need stuff for them...

I do have an F4U here thats looking rather tempting however.

I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread, seeing as how its right up my street! Anyhow, I've just spent a very enjoyable quater of an hour going through it. The workmanhip is simply stunning!

Martin

Having just read through the entire thread and I can only say that I'm utterly impressed!

The scratchbuilding, the painting, the detailing - top notch!

Here's hoping that you can find the motivation to finish the beast!

Edited by Christer A

Thanks Martin!

Having just read through the entire thread and I can only say that I'm utterly impressed!

The scratchbuilding, the painting, the detailing - top notch!

Here's hoping that you can find the motivation to finish the beast!

I've started this to take me away from the Mil - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234911731

But I got on the Mil last night and done some stuff, so there should be an update today, Thank you! :)

Thanks Tony.

Done a little more today, Strange how you have days where you can't be bothered then the next day you don't want to put it down...

Mainly repairs on the boom that I wasn't happy with. Started to grease some seams too on the gondola, Got a few reference photos showing how dirty it gets, will post them soon.

Put some Tamiya tape along where it's split and will place superglue over the top and let sit for a day, then carefully rub back to the join. Will do this with tape in place so I can see if i'm causing to much damage to other areas.

6771082039_23c73c2850_b.jpg

MB9T7447 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

6771081451_4a1a3f5887_b.jpg

MB9T7448 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

6771080409_c7b97fac5f_b.jpg

MB9T7451 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

6771079463_3b1223fcc0_b.jpg

MB9T7459 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Cheers guys, I really need to sort the repairs out as it's still in superglue.

Radleigh, I've learned a lot from your build so far in producing weathered effects, thank you so much. It's looking friggin great :)

Nice one, Glad it's of some use to someone. I'm trying as much as possible to photograph the different stages. I'll going to be cracking on with my F4U build soon so that might be of some interest too.

Thanks Oliver.

I've been looking at the panel I rescribed and i'm really not happy with it, so I think I'm going to fill the lot again and redo it. I'm lucky that it's on it own and don't interfere with any other paint work. More on that later though, I still need to sort out the repairs! :)