Royal Yugoslav Airforce fighters

That are 1/48 models of RYAF fighters that I made for Exhibition to mark the 70 anniversary of the defense of Belgrade, 6th April 1941

6april.jpg

Ikarus Ik-2

th_Ik-2_42.jpgth_Ik-2_40.jpgth_Ik-2_39.jpgth_Ik-2_37.jpgth_Ik-2_36.jpg

Rogozarski Ik-3

th_ikarus-ik3-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-148_5.jpgth_ikarus-ik3-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-148_3.jpgth_ikarus-ik3-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-148_2.jpgth_ikarus-ik3-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-148_1.jpgth_ikarus-ik3-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-148.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk1

th_hurricane_79.jpgth_hurricane_74.jpgth_hurricane_64-1.jpgth_dscf0079.jpg

Messerschmitt Me-109E

th_messerschmit-me109-e-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-1-48-by-zoran-sivcev_1.jpgth_messerschmit-me109-e-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-1-48-by-zoran-sivcev.jpgth_ikarus-ik2-royal-yugoslav-air-force-scale-model-1-48_0.jpgth_Ik-3_38.jpgth_Ik-3_27.jpg

Sivcev,

Do you know if Aeropoxy are ever going to do a Super Galeb in 1/48??

I SO want one of those!

I do not know for him, but I am planing and working on it. The master is done in 90% few years ago but i am so lazy to finish it

here are some photos of master. Now I am planing to make new master with CNC machine

Copyofg4maketa_11.jpg

Copyofg4maketa_09.jpg

Copyofg4maketa_08.jpg

abounded vacuum form model of G-4 1/48

G-4_008s.jpg

G-4_009s.jpg

Edited by Sivcev

Beautiful work Sivcev :) My wife is from Belgrade and I always enjoy seeing or hearing about Yugoslav aviation :)

I'm presuming they are Russian?

Yugoslavia had its very own thriving aviation industry with some very interesting types being designed and built. If you ever get the chance I recommend visiting the Belgrade Air Museum, it's one of the most fascinating aviation museums in the world, and has a truly eclectic range of aircraft flown by the Yugoslav Air Force through the years. There's not many places in the world where you can find a Nieuport, Hurricane (and a Mk.IV to boot!), Spit, 109, Yak, Il-2, P-47, F-84, F-86 and MiG-21 all under one roof and all having seen service in the same Air Force!

Edited by Pielstick

I do not know for him, but I am planing and working on it. The master is done in 90% few years ago but i am so lazy to finish it

here are some photos of master. Now I am planing to make new master with CNC machine

Copyofg4maketa_11.jpg

Copyofg4maketa_09.jpg

Copyofg4maketa_08.jpg

Ooooooh!!!! I love this!!!!

I'll have 2 if you ever get i finished!!

Sivcev,

EXQUISITE collection of models and

a VERY nice tribute to the Defense of Belgrade

on 4/6/1941..SUPERB builds....

.....are you going to dipslay them somewhere where others can see this tribute of yours?

:thumbsup:

Sivcev,

.....are you going to dipslay them somewhere where others can see this tribute of yours?

thank you!

That models I made for my friend Mario Hrelja who is organizer of that exhibition for anniversary. Models will be display on exhibition.

Exhibition will be open tomorrow at Gallery of Serbian Academy of Sciences

I will post photos from opening of the exhibition.

thank you!

That models I made for my friend Mario Hrelja who is organizer of that exhibition for anniversary. Models will be display on exhibition.

Exhibition will be open tomorrow at Gallery of Serbian Academy of Sciences

I will post photos from opening of the exhibition.

Sivcev,

Thank you for the reply..The site looks good and the MUSEUM is going to be a great venue for showing off your WONDERFUL

work and Tribute to those that lost their lives and

I think you did them PROUD !

It would be a pleasure to see the photos from you from the exhibition, as I won't be able to get to see them in person ..

HOUSTON :worthy::worthy:

Edited by HOUSTON

Very unusual subject, i notice some of them have markings on only one wing, ALA the USA, while others have it on both, was this mix common?

Yes, its OK, initially, all planes were marked with four markings, but in 1940, the official order was issued to overpaint one roundel on topside/underside.

Due the outbreak of war, in april 1941, some planes were left with four roundels.

Sivcev

Sir those are really VERY GOOD links..

Like the show as it panned over the exhibits and the second links , the photos stills are good too.

Looks kind of busy too...

Looking at the link , it looks like it was quite a show with the photographers there...

....I thought I saw your build fleetingly but I may be wrong...

THANK YOU for posting the links..

HOUSTON :thumbsup:

You welcome, glad that you are interesting on this.

it is on Serbian but you can see almost everything on exhibition

AWESOME..I heard him mention your name..ands saw your model..WELL DONE Sir... :gobsmacked: