New Victor B2/SR2 resin set...

My good friend Terry Grey has finally finished his Victor B2/SR2 resin set and what a beauty it is!. Supplied are all the parts you'll need to build/convert the Matchbox/Revell K2 into a B2 or SR2, (plus if you leave out the extended wing tips, the B1A), including new one piece tailplane, accurate flaps, tail cone, joined underwing oil coolers, rudder, canopy glazing, exhaust discs, fin leading edge intake, extended ailerons and wing tips . Terry has been working on this for some time and it's been worth the wait. I'm trying to persuade him to do the B2R tailcone, (with the 'warts'), APU and exhaust and new fuselage ECM intakes and Blue Steel intake......but one thing at a time!

He's decided to market them under the brand name Barabrith. Superb quality and an absolute must for any Victor fan! The set will retail for around £25. If you are interested PM me and we'll sort something out...

Cheers, :cheers:

Andy...

Here's a few pics of a test shot he gave me recently for review,

Concise set of instructions,

P1100464.jpg

The complete set , an acetate cockpit canopy replacement is also included),

P1100454.jpg

A new tailcone, (based on the Vulcans), exhaust turbines, fin cooling intake with tiny splitter plate and under wing oil cooler units correctly joined and staggered...

P1100456.jpg

Extended wingtips and ailerons, (these are to be cut to length prior to fitting,

P1100458.jpg

two of the four flaps, all the right details are there, just need wire actuators to finish..

P1100465.jpg

The quality of the one piece main tailplane piece is amazing, very few bubbles (2!!!) and all the intake location marks are there ready to be drilled out......and at last the correct shape bullet fairing!!

P1100462.jpg

P1100461.jpg

P1100460.jpg

MMMMMMMMMM Barabrith! :eat: I fancy one of these: the conversion kit I mean!

Martin

PS: Empty your in box please Melchie :please:

Edited by martin hale

looks simply lovley !

forgive the noob knowledge but would this lot do to just simply detail a K2 version ?

is there any difference in tail etc etc...

Right I've had a word with Terry and he's quite happy for you to PM him for orders.

Terry's BM handle is ,

wurger190

Please bear in mind that he's a one man operation at the moment and sets will be made to order to ensure quality. If you can't get hold of him just leave a message with me and I'll ensure he gets it,

Sonofjim, sorry didn't answer your post at the time but this set is for the B2 Victor bomber or SR2 strategic recon variants which shares the long wings and round tail cone, though the set can really be combined to make other marks , however the K2 has the short wings, tapered tail cone, extended nose tailplane nose 'bullet' so it's really not of much use for that variant to be honest..

Hopefully incorporate this set into my SR2 later this year to give folks an idea of how it'll look,

Cheers all, :cheers:

Andy..

Looks interesting. very interesting, have a Matchbox version and the DB resin thingy set with the replacement intakes etc, would this interfere with this set or is there nothing for me to worry about? Been so long since I've studied the set I'm not even actually convinced its not just the intakes!!

Well yes this is true Mike, .... ..really must sought it all out, I admit there's stuff there from quite a while back,( I always seem to manage deleting things that I invariably need later.... :whistle:)...

Have you read the archival FAQ yet? You can save stuff off to CSVs that you can later view in Excel. :)

It looks quite useful, so can a Matchbox Victor nose improvement set be far away..?

Jens

Hmnn..

new wings, tail, intakes, undercarriage wheels, etc and now possibly a new nose.....

don't buy the kit, just the resin etc and stick all the am together and voila - a decent Victor

Right Steve , the DB/Flightpath set won't be a problem, in fact they compliment each other perfectly to produce a far more accurate Victor...( I use the resin intakes on all the Victors that I've built or will build I have quite a few of each..don't ask!),

Mike, thanks for that I'll scoot over there and sort things out!! :thumbsup2:

Ollie, pm back to you,

jens..funny you should mention that... :whistle:

John.

Hmnn..

new wings, tail, intakes, undercarriage wheels, etc and now possibly a new nose.....

don't buy the kit, just the resin etc and stick all the am together and voila - a decent Victor

Yep...not far off the mark...we'll finish this lot and Airfix'll announce an all new kit :banghead: ....( was going to say Trumpeter but then you would need to hang onto all this stuff to correct the thing yet again!!),

Andy..

Not as difficult as it seems frank, I've done it twice. Years ago there was an article in Scale Modelling about how to do just that, (I have it somewhere, see if I can dig it out). As long as you leave the whole tail cone with airbrakes off and cut oblong holes into the wing location points so as to have access it's quite straightforward. Just trim the Vulcan part into an oblong, cut out Victors bay to match and it all goes together nicely. The only problem is that the Blue Steel is very slightly oversize and needs a fair bit of trimming to fit snugly into the bay so that it doesn't protrude too much......alternatively cut the missile down to butt onto the fuselage...a lot quicker!!

The response to this post has been overwhelming!

In answer to the PMs I have had, the costs will be

£28 including first class recorded delivery (UK) or, if you will be at the Cosford show on April 10th or

the IPMS Birmingham show on May 15th £25.

Please PM me with your address if interested, and I will let you know when they are ready. Please be patient,

as I am a one man operation on this. I will allocate these on a first come, first served basis.

Thank you all for your interest.

Terry

[quote

Yep...not far off the mark...we'll finish this lot and Airfix'll announce an all new kit :banghead: ....( was going to say Trumpeter but then you would need to hang onto all this stuff to correct the thing yet again!!),

Andy..

Don't know about "correcting" but, I'd more concerned about the need to take take out a 2nd mortgage to afford any of Trumpigawajimiyacademy's outrageously exorbitant prices!! :yikes: