I caught the Spitfire Bug

Hi all, was browsing in the hobby store and these two jumped into my hand so I could take part in this build. I was keen to do the XIX as I really like the longer cleaner recce look of this Spitifre and the MkVb was a fiver as a set with paint and glue. Piccies to follow soon ( and some questions but i'll get the pics done first)

Cheers

Graham

For me lots of quick progress for a change and some piccies to proove it. Both these are good kits as others have said with very little needing doing to them and minimal filler

Interior shot of both Vb on the left XIX on the right and a closer shot of the XIX which has a better interior

BothInterior.jpg

XIXInterior.jpg

Underside of both, Vb first

Vbunderside1.jpg

and the XIX

XIXunderside1.jpg

And finally for now the Vb ready for the tail and some primer and a shot of the XIX I hopefully will copy

Vbconstruct1.jpg

wpfbbd5f6a_0f1.jpg

Am I correct in thinking the Spinner is white on "the last" Spitfire?

• 1 month later...

Progress a plenty with these two. First the XIX has its first coat of paint and some additions to the wheel wells

IMG_0661-1.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

Hopefully another coat of paint, the decals and a light wash should have this one finished.

The Vb has moved on even further it got its first coat of paint

IMG_0657.jpg

and decalled

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

It has also got the yellow leading edge marking and just needs the last couple of decals and some weathering added to hopefully get this one called complete. BTW does anyone know if there was any rigging on these between the antenna and the tail, most of the pics I have seen don't show it but they are all spits flying today rather than back in the 40's, if anyone knows I'd be interested to find out and try to add it.

I think I may be mad but I really like the idea of getting a Mk IX with D Day stripes on it although this seems to cause problems a plenty so it will have to be added to the projects to do list rather than this GB. Does the new mould Airfix IX have an option for a D Day scheme or is it just the desert colours of the box art?

Thanks for looking and any help

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

The Vb is now decalled and finished with the exception of some weathering which hopefully i'll get done over the next couple of nights in time for the weekend

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Just another coat of paint and a couple of decals left to get on with now and the Mk XiX will be done too

Finally finished this pair of spits. The Mk Vb I did a little dirty and the Mk XIX I left clean with "The Last" painted on the side to try and match the piccy at the start.

Mk VB first

IMG_0713.jpg

And the MkXIX decalled

IMG_0705.jpg

And Completed

IMG_0707.jpg

And finally the pair.

IMG_0720.jpg