F-14 Tomcat 1/48 HB + F/A-18F hasegawa

Hello Gentlemans! I hope that I am back.

I will try to build new boss kit with some extras for hasegawa kit.

Here you can see some of fresh progress...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Edited by Honza K.

Fantastic work! I really enjoy seeing your builds and as I have a HB F/A-18C in my stash I shall be watching this thread with great interest! Keep those posts coming!

Thanks gentlemans!

Great start as always Honza.

But a couple of questions

1. How much trouble was fitting the Aires Cockpit to the HB F-14?

2. have you deepened the panel lines on the F-18?

1. Not so much... If you used some resin cockpit before, you will have´n any problems...

2. yes, everything was deepened.

Pit is ready...

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Thanks gentlemans!

1. Not so much... If you used some resin cockpit before, you will have´n any problems...

2. yes, everything was deepened.

Pit is ready...

lovely stuff Honza. Is that a Resin pit in the Rhino?

Also what did you use for the rivet holes? Needle and Pin vice? or did you drill them out individually? (if so that's a mammoth task)

looks great (as always) honza...... some questions

1) how do you get those pre-shading lines sooooooo neat... I admit my A/B is on the cheap side but is still dual-action and can (in better hands than mine) spray down to thin lines (upgrade in the offing much later this year).....

2) does the brown(?) mottling show through the grey very well?

thanks in advance

Hey Honza great work on the Tomcat and Hornet.

Tomcat being my number 1 favourite aircraft and the Two seat Super Hornet coming in second.

I am glad someone has finally come to their senses and decided to do the HB tomcat justice the way it should be.

Hobby Boss have made a mistake with their attention to detail. The boxing is stated as being a bog standard F-14A. This unfortunately is wrong.

The F-14 you have in the box is actually the Late production of the F-14A as it has the Radar Warning ECM antennas on the leading edges above the air intakes.

It also had a further upgrade of the P&W TF30 engines. Although still less reliable as the GE F110 motors, the upgrade to the original TF30s did give some 10-15% extra thrust and slightly less vulnerable to compressor stall. Despite this, F-14A crews still had to be very careful about what they did with the aircraft not to induce any turbulance or any kind of airflow disruption. Basically don't be a Maverick and fly right up the jet pipe of the aircraft in front!!

I trust you will be putting a Lantirn pod on the right hadn pylon and the later bomb racks under the fuselage?

So apart from not having a standard F-14A, you do have the makings of a very lovely Late F-14A or potentially with the GE F110 nozzles, a very beautiful F-14A Plus (ie the F-14B).

Keep up the good work and you are welcome to peck my brains on the F-14 anytime. if not ask Mr Daz Greenwood. Over to you Daz!!

Regards

Andrew