F-86F Yugoslavian Air Force

Me again with a new project... :P

This model is just for fun, I want to try some paints.

IMG_2949.jpg

Decals:

761-1.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

Only problem on this kit is that little gap, you don't need putty for this Sabre... (almost :D )

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

Pictures soon!

Cheers,

Nenad

Edited by LanceR21

This should be good!

Coincidentally, my wife is Serbian, and a couple of years ago she got me a set of 20 prints featuring various fighters used by the Yugoslav and later Serbian Air Force. This one is on the wall just above my computer monitor....

IMG_3412.jpg

:)

Looking good.

The Yugoslavian AF got their sabres in two batches. They were ex RAF sabres 4's so designated F-86E(M). The first batch under MAP were in standard RAF Camo, the second batch which they paid for were in NMF. Later the RAF ones went NMF and later still in the 60;s some when back into a RAF Style camo but not in exact colours.

That poster is slightly wrong as is missing the wing fences.

If anyone has any info on Yugoslavian IF-86D's I would be very interested.

Oh and the new boxing of the Airfix sabre has Yugoslavian AF decals in for a NMF aircraft as well as the RAF decals.

Julien

Edited by Julien

No, you are wrong Julien!

YAF has accepted BS381C colors as the standard colors for their aircrafts. The Yugoslav build airctrafts G-2, G-4, J-21, J-22 etc. were also painted in the standard RAF camo paints. The difference might appear considering the manufacturer or quality of paint and weathering effect, But RAF colors also varying depending on period and color manufacturer. So BS638 and BS241 upper and BS636 PRU Blue under. This paint scheme is still in use in Serbian AF on G-4 and J-22.

Edited by bungynik

Hi,

I was told that these colours were FS equivalents to BS colours. FS34102 for the green, FS36187 got eh grey and FS35164 for the PRU blue with the new demarkation line lower that the original RAF one. This scheme also retained the smaller antiglare pannel and black caopy rail of the NMF sabres.

I dont suppose you have any information on the IF-86D do you?

Julien

• 4 weeks later...

IF-84D (I=Izvidjački - reconnaissance) is domestic Yugoslav modification of F-86D. Instead of "Mighty mouse" rocket launcher, IF-86D was equipped with three photographic camera K-24, as well as with two pylons for FOTAB (photo aviation bomb) and SAB (lighting aviation bomb).

klp0_291_u3t72.jpg

Edited by bungynik

This should be good!

Coincidentally, my wife is Serbian, and a couple of years ago she got me a set of 20 prints featuring various fighters used by the Yugoslav and later Serbian Air Force. This one is on the wall just above my computer monitor....

:)

Greetings for your wife from Serbia!! :cheers::hobbyhorse:

Edited by bungynik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is the first time painting whole aircraft in silver. I really need to know what are you guys thinking, comments and critiques are welcomed! Thanks!

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

And silver paint... I used Mr. Color Silver, it's great!

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

I need to polish NMF surface, just to be more shiny. Before that, 'need to fix the paint.

Cheers,

Nenad

Edited by LanceR21

Nenad: The silver is looking promising...varying the sheen/brightness of various pannels will add to your presentation...

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

Looking really good Nenad.

You planning to do it as 025 that was on expo in Batajnica air museum, with red nose band?

Thank you. No, 054 from Batajnica with red stabilizers on wings...

After a couple of hours shading panels, i coated Sabre with 3 layers of Pronto ( It's like Future ). I need to apply 3 more roundels, one number 054 and stencils... :bandhead2: :rolleyes:

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

Sorry for bad pictures... new pics for a few days.

Cheers,

Nenad