Belgian 1991 Tigermeet viper in 32nd scale

stusbke

hi guys well here she goes I've been working on this one for quite some time now to bring you up to speed here

its going to be an in flight model with the gears retracting so bare with me

Some of you may recognise this one from other forums as well, anyway we are talking about this one here;

post-1504-1172092525.jpg

using the academy kit means that you need to replace a lot in order to get to the right block standard.

first things first, the tail got its extention with the help of the PMWP set

post-1504-1176412027.jpg

only thing you need to pay atention though is that the extended tail has a shorter tail base then a C variant so this means putty is needed to close up some location pin gaps ect ....

the the gun nozzle was changed using a spare hasegawa part

post-1504-1179697001.jpg

then I made some new wing tip launchers as the kit doesn't have the right ones

PICT0211.jpg

and added detail to the gear bays

post-1504-1183582344.jpg

post-1504-1184101738.jpg

post-1504-1184270316.jpg

Edited by stusbke

then I started to work on the cockpit as I need to replace it because I need an early A pit instead of the C pit OOB. the old BB set doesn't fit as its Ip coaming is far to wide so I gold hold of an tamiya one and it fitted verry well.

post-1504-1183410439.jpg

details on the rear deck

and here's where the cockpit is to date

post-1504-1190116375.jpg

this is all scratch except for the the lower side panels below the IP as these were used from the tamiya kit. Also the bezels and such on the new made IP came form the academy kit .

post-1504-1190115585.jpg

post-1504-1190115524.jpg

then it took me quite a while to get the intake done

post-1504-1192999318.jpg

this piece is a sanding nightmare to get rid of the seams. Why they make this part in four pieces is beyond me. The center seam was the most difficult one I had to get rid of the ones running along the sides where more forgiving but the center one kept on showing through :-\

the I started to work on the nose gear

post-1504-1192999602.jpg

with all the extra's added it looks like this

post-1504-1193259259.jpg

this is where I am at the moment right now I'm trying to make the main gears and then its time to finisch up the cockpit with thye sidewalls and such

untill the next update

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

its going to be an in flight model with the gears retracting so bare with me

and added detail to the gear bays

post-1504-1183582344.jpg

post-1504-1184101738.jpg

post-1504-1184270316.jpg

All of which we will be able to see.....? :wacko:

I can't fault your amazing superdetailing, but it does prove you LSP lot are a bit "out there"!

Keep the photos and progress coming - looks like a real peach in the making!

Al

Looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Do you have any special way for making all of the little wire details? and then gluing them on?

I've always struggled to cut the wire to the desired length with accuracy....and gluing them with CA, they always seem to pop loose :blink:

AW

Cheers guys

as for seeing all of the detail, I'll put the model in a way that you can see all that's added inside

Looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Do you have any special way for making all of the little wire details? and then gluing them on?

I've always struggled to cut the wire to the desired length with accuracy....and gluing them with CA, they always seem to pop loose :blink:

AW

well I took this picture with a view inside the wheel bay but the trick is to drill some holes and pull the wires trough the bay sides and glue them there with the CA glue. I drill holes in everything I need to stick the wires in (boy that's sound quite nasty :shithappens: ) wich makes the job a lot easier ...

I hope this helps you out

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys time for yet another update

I just finisched one of the main gear legs I'm hoping that my crappy pics give you guys an idea

of what I'm trying to make here

PICT265.jpg

I used academy parts together with hasegawa parts, they match up great and without to much trouble

I still need to add the landing light and the wiring for it but I'm still thinking on a way to make it...

any way some more pics

PICT0270.jpg

PICT0271.jpg

last one

PICT0268.jpg

anyway I'm off again to make the other one now I'm hoping I can finisch that one this week

with the weather forcast this week I'm hoping that won't be too much trouble :evil_laugh:

Oh if anyone here has more intell on how the nose gear retracts please let me know as to date I found nothing that realy helps me out here

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs