Welcome to the World Motorsport Group Build

dswoofie

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the World Motorsport Group Build.

We're officially confirmed and the Group Build will begin on Saturday 19th January 2008, and will run until Thursday 31st July. We've got a while to go yet before the start, but I thought I'd put up the info officially in here as we've now got a sub-forum!

This Group Build will encompass all forms of Motorsport from around the world, therefore anything that has taken part in an officially sanctioned race is applicable. There's soooo much to choose from, so you shouldn't be stuck for subjects! Should make for a colourful Group Build anyway!

The rules will be fairly simple...

Your kit must be unstarted, or in the very early stages (if unsure, then ask).

No 'What if's' allowed.

Any scale is allowed.

Your model can be out of the box, or with gazillions of aftermarket extras, or even somewhere in between... let your wallet decide!

The winners will be decided by a poll at the end of the group build.

This basically covers it for now, but if there are any questions then please ask!

Roll on the 19th January!

Karl.

I had better add myself in here!

I have been invited to co-moderate this build with Karl as he feels he'd like a more experienced GBer on hand to help him out. Fair enough say I, and a great subject to boo!

So, welcome one and all to the Britmodeller World Motorsport GB :clap2:

Jen.

I'm in. Hmm, now I have to find the easiest, most simple small scale kit so I have a chance of finishing it inside 6 months. How about a Kelloggs giveaway?

I might be in... I need some motivation to get on with the Williams F1 car I started months ago. If it is not too far built already that is? The build thread and pics are here.

I reckon there is still loads of work required on that one, and if the mods agree I WILL finish it during the GB.

cheers

Grant

• 3 weeks later...
I would lke to participate - with Porsche 017 please; but upon the strict understanding that I do not have to be civil in any shape or form to ole Fester.

Thats fair enough you old goat, but what exactly is a Porche 017 !!! :fraidnot:

Swampy

I'm in, bout time I built sumfin British sooooooooooo I might as well build a car :D . Neva built one before, and a nice bloke from Panama sent me 1/32 Aston Martin Ulster so I reckon that'll do, won't it ????? :shrug: . Jim (who is automotively challenged)

• 4 weeks later...

There's no sig yet, although I think I saw one that someone had come up with the other day... may have been Doc Fester???

I was looking at making one but it hasn't gone very far...

Any offers on putting one together for us all???

Karl.

D'oh! :doh: just looked back a couple of posts and it was Doc... Looks good, apart from only having bikes on it! ;)

Edited by dswoofie

tempting - got a load of Tamiya race car kits in the stash and a couple of the old Protar (reboxed by Revell) 1/12 Ferrari F1 cars too.

if I get my skates on I'll probably have decided what to build by the end of July... :doh:

Oh lord - the creeping has started already. :shrug:

And it works....... :rolleyes:

Not sure what Duke your modelling Jen but a few to be going on with. ;)

duc01_banner.jpg

Then possibly the MonsterMob crew, Shakey taking the mountain flat out and the great flying haggis!

duc02.jpg

I'll have another go when I get time.

Cheers

Doc

Edited by Dr_Fester

Thanks Doc! :D

You've only gone and picked my joint top motorbike hero, Hizzy :worthy:

Not actually building a Duke at all, but I loves 'em I do! If you can be bothered, I'd love it if you put the left half of the Loris one with Hizzy. Then I wouldn't have to apeear to be promoting Shakey.............. :lol:

Jen.

Edited by desmojen