M.V. Shell Welder

I finished this one at the end of last year but due to ill health have not got around to taking some photos until today. I have had the kit for a very long time £1.65 on boxlid but only recently managed to get hold of the Atlantic etched brass set from WEM. This replaces the vinyl railings and also supplies other pieces but is not a huge set so some parts have been scratched/rebuilt. Painted entirely in Revell Aqua and the seascape is a mixture of Das clay and Polyfilla painted in artists tubed acrylic paints.I am very pleased how she has turned out so the long gestation was worth it! MODeller

2011_03040023.jpg

2011_03040024.jpg

2011_03040022.jpg

2011_03040032.jpg

2011_03040031.jpg

2011_03040029.jpg

2011_03040025.jpg

2011_03040027.jpg

Edited by MODeller
  • Like 4

Nice work - the sea looks great too. I've deleted the other 3 topics you started by mistake ;)

Thanks Mike, I am rather out of practice! MODeller

I like that a lot. Don't know the kit, but you've done a very nice job on her and the seascape. BTW what scale is she?

It is an old Frog kit but still avaliable in an Eastern Express boxing occasionally turns up on ebay, the scale is 1/131 which makes her around 400mm long. MODeller

Thats a bit nice. I remember an article on this in mecanno mag about eleventy years ago, nice to see it in colour & a very nice job you've made, it makes up into a very handsome finished subject.

Steve.

A superior piece of modeling Brian. I particularly like the sea water effect, superb. It makes me think that maybe I should get out my old Matchbox Corvette & finish it off. I started it over 30 years ago, & it is nearly 3/4 done. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Carl T :thumbsup::gobsmacked::speak_cool:

Excellent, i have experience of this kit from years ago, shame i did not do aswell as you did, makes you look at all those old kits that we pooh pooh now and wonder what you could with them! :)

• 4 years later...