Shigeo Koike artwork website

Spitfire31

• 1 month later...

Just found this - thanks for the link, wonderful website!

I bought a signed Lightning print off him at last years Nats in Telford, really must remember to get it framed...!!

K

Edited by keefr22

Just found it too. fantastic to see his stuff freed from box art proportions - the Macchi 202 over Valetta and the Barrucudas peeling off for a dive bomb attach are 2 that stand out for me - but thats like admiring 2 diamond sin a huge pile of diamonds!!

I like the way you can spot zoom over the pics to see the detail too.

Lovely site!

Jonners

mind you this aint a bad one either!!

http://koikeshigeo.com/artwork?KIK019

Jonners

• 3 months later...

I have his Gannet print, absolutely superb piece of work - maybe Hasegawa will produce a Gannet so that it can grace the box!

I have his Gannet print, absolutely superb piece of work - maybe Hasegawa will produce a Gannet so that it can grace the box!

I just got that one too - it's stunning (but then, so is all his work!!) It'll look great next to the Lightning print when I finally get round to framing them!!

K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

He is a true master, he has this ability to put so much into his pictures with the backgrounds etc but never distracting from the subject matter, the sort of pictures you just want to sit and stare at and still find details

He is a true master, he has this ability to put so much into his pictures with the backgrounds etc but never distracting from the subject matter, the sort of pictures you just want to sit and stare at and still find details

Exactly Colin!! You gave the best comment on his work! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...