.303 Mosquito guns in 1:72

19RAF

sitll working on my Spit, but I've 'inherited' three old Airfix Mossie models, all needing some TLC. I'd like to make 2 FB VI's out of them, but would need to replace the broken and lost MG's from the noses.

I've had a brief look around, but can't find any from the usual suspects in that scale.

Help me, Britmodeller, you are my only hope!!

Edited by 19RAF

sitll working on my Spit, but I've 'inherited' three old Airfix Mossie models, all needing some TLC. I'd like to make 2 FB VI's out of them, but would need to replace the broken and lost MG's from the noses.

I've had a brief look around, but can't find any from the usual suspects in that scale.

Help me, Britmodeller, you are my only hope!!

If you only need the Barrels quickboost do a set of .303 Barrels for the lancaster and I'm sure these could be adapted to fit the Mossie.

If you only need the Barrels quickboost do a set of .303 Barrels for the lancaster and I'm sure these could be adapted to fit the Mossie.

ah good find. now the question, should they be round hole or oval hole barrels...

72017.jpg

72021.jpg

they do lots of good stuff actually. Interesting website, quickboost cheers for that FZ6!

I've used the barrels several times before and swear by them, though they are quite fragile in a fixed mounting. Can't help on the round v.oval matter: preserved aircraft seem to have both, and most pictures of wartime aircraft are too small/grainy/distant to tell...

Edited by Vulcanicity