Two finished builds and a work in progress....

Not quite to the standards of Skii etc! But I am improving. I think

SAAF Harvard

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Fleet Air Arm AD-4W AEW Skyraider

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

Atlas Impala II

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Edited by Vlamgat9

Very nice builds - what scale is the Skyraider? What did you use as the basis for the kit?

Also you can't beat a bit of day-glo!! What paint did you use? I've had some success using a Humbrol acrylic day-glo orange sprayed over red, but I undestand day-glo can be a bit hit and miss (yours is a hit of course!)

Pat

Very nice builds - what scale is the Skyraider? What did you use as the basis for the kit?

Also you can't beat a bit of day-glo!! What paint did you use? I've had some success using a Humbrol acrylic day-glo orange sprayed over red, but I undestand day-glo can be a bit hit and miss (yours is a hit of course!)

Pat

Thanks - they are all 1/48. The Skyraider kit is the old ESCI/Ertl/AMT AD-4W. Can be found relatively cheaply on ebay. It is an old kit - raised lines, rubbish cockpit etc. but you don't notice the lack of detail so much because of the overall dark navy colour scheme. I actually have a second one of these kits and plan to do the plane using a Tamiya Skyraider and grafting on the radome etc from the Esci kit. I think that's the way forward for a good AD-4W.

The dayglo is indeed a nightmare. I had to strip this model 3 times as the Revell and Humbrol dayglos were so useless. I eventually used light grey

primer oversprayed with Halfords fluorescent orange. The silver is actually Halfords Audi aluminium silver! The decals are a mix of MAV's and VEG/The Aviation Shop's which I picked up in Johannesburg.