How low can you go?

charley420

Ah, now that was the subject of much debate on ARC a few years back... some thought they'd airbrushed out the landing gear, others that they'd dropped it onto a new background, but I think there were shots from other angles that at least proved the guy was flying VERY low at that show... whether this is a Photoshop, I don't know :shrug:

:-) It provided me an example for a build so i can have a flying model thats not teetering atop a pole lol, should be relatively easy to mount a model about 10 mil above a base

Edited by charley420

Thats an RNZAF A-4K from the last ever series of live weapons exercises on the Waiouru range in 2001 before they were retired. Not quite as low as it looks, but not much separation from the observers nonetheless (and reputedly officially shown somewhere not in NZ as an example of dangerous flying, which not everyone agrees with needless to say, especially those involved). He is climbing past them after running in from the valley floor below. Given that it was the last time, there was a certain no-holds barred element to proceedings, and more than the usual number of spectators :)

A few more from the same and another occasion here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZ8AV1Te0g...feature=related

Edited by mumbles