Spotty Jag

Hi,

Just completed this Jaguar for the Britmodeller group build currently in progress. Spent £5 on the kit at Telford last year and thought I would have a crack at this particular aircraft. Decals I created myself along with a stencil for spraying the pattern on this one and before you all tell me, I know Model Alliance are just releasing a decal sheet and I for one would say it's money well spent! Probably one of the most challenging paint jobs I've done but enjoyable, I think...

jag1.jpg

More photos found in the Jaguar GB forum HERE.

Cheers

Doc

Stunning, just stunning.... :worthy::worthy: .

John.

Doc, simply put.............. I HATE YOU.............. ok I might just be a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit jealous, ok you win, alot JEALOUS. Seriously, well done, excellent job. :gobsmacked:

Bex

Er............ :handbag: & :coat:

:mike:

Amazing work, and such an eye catching scheme B)

Being largely painted on will really help with the realism I feel - IMHO decals never look quite right when covering as large an area as would be necessary for that particular paint job. A brave decision to replicate it with paint though, definitely not an easy job!

Nice one Doc....I think the scheme is awesome....I managed to pick up a couple of sets of the new Model Alliance decal sheet for this and the other retirement schemes - can't wait to get stuck into mine having seen your good work - thanks for the posts.

Best wishes, Geoff :speak_cool:

It is of course exceedingly well executed and must be a better rendition than had decals been used - Doc is undoubtedly possessed of some fine artistic qualities and has ably demonstrated his prowess here. However [deletion] auth.mod.bm0071warning

This post has been edited by the Moderators by the deletion of the major part of the last sentance as the content was likely to offend and cause fowl to be come eggbound.