Final Kuta Project

ancient mariner

I thought things were starting to come together

DSCF9006.jpg

The I started the colour work using various acrylics that to be honest were brands Im not used to ( Xtracrylix and Life-colour.)

These being in place of my usual Tamiya self mixed. The airbrush needs resetting for each different type and the whole thing just ran away with me,

the resulting disaster clear to one and all. I was not too impressed with the colours either,but that may just be my eyes take ,of course.

DSCF9008.jpg

DSCF9009.jpg

I managed to cut back the offending mottle disaster using a fine (canopy) sanding stick and used a cotton bud filled with "Fairy Powerspray" to clean off the tail.

DSCF9011.jpg

The weeks good news was,finding a Fujimi "K" so I can put the unused " G -6/14" wheel bulges on before I restart the re-painting.

Im hoping to be able to update this page with a photo later.

KUTA? with a size 12 boot me thinks.

Edited by ancient mariner

My new decal sheet arrived today, So after quite a bit of retouching and mixing I managed to get the paint job down to where I was happy with it.

The flash does accentuate the different retouchings but in ordinary light it doesnt look too bad.

Instructions_Page1_6a_550.jpg

kuta109decal.jpg

The assymetric group marking on the stbd side is a weird one that makes the whole scheme look odd. No doubt Ill get used to it when all the other gubbins have been painted and attached

DSCF9028.jpg

This weeks update. Seem to be on track to finish on in time.

DSCF9029.jpg

I put Crystal-clear into the head armour frame and the drying time has put me back a little,but getting there.

Does anyone know if the drop tanks used by the Italians still retained the stencil warnings in German or were they re stenciled for the Italian theater?

Edited by ancient mariner