A-37B Dragonfly

grufsnik

If it's ok for me to join in, then this is my entry, Academy's A37B Dragonfly

IMGP0129.jpg

Its been in the stash for ages so about time for it to be made.

Gruffers

Thanks folks

Just getting started now. a couple of usual sprue shots.

IMGP0130.jpg

IMGP0131.jpg

Sprues are all nice and clean, no flash or obvious marks or sinks and a very nice crisp set of decals.

I wont be doing anything fancy with this, built straight from the box which is what i normaly do.

• 3 weeks later...

Well sorry to all, i'me off to a very slow start with this build, but will try to put that to rights now.

Nice simple straight kit this one, cockpit assembled and painted, some led in the nose for weight held in with bluetac. Next shots will be the halves together with the cockpit in, most likly the wings on and then onto the stores. i'me afraid the photos arnt very good, my phone takes a better shot than the camera! :analintruder: so i might try that next time.

IMGP0138.jpg

IMGP0141.jpg

IMGP0142.jpg

Thanks for looking,now off for a.... :drink: , your found bruv :cheers:

Gruffers

• 4 weeks later...

Back on this project now after painting some wargaming stuff. Bit more progress, basically now heading towards some painting, pylons are on, stores glued up, canopy on e.c.t a bit of masking and then some halfords grey primer.

IMGP0148.jpg

IMGP0153.jpg

IMGP0154.jpg

thanks for looking,

Gruffers

Next pics of the plane undercoated with stores painted, you cant tell cos of poor picts but i drew in the paint sceme on the model i dont normaly but a slightly more tricky scheme on this one.

IMGP0164.jpg

For the paints i had to rummidge deep in the box and used humbrol 117 & 118 and tamia XF13, they might not be the most accurate but it's what i had. This kit is too small for me to try to air brush and too fiddly to mask so a couple of hours with some brushes, all free-hand :hypnotised:

IMGP0168.jpg

Home straight now with decals and some final assembly with a splash of varnish to finish.

Thanks Gruffers.

• 3 weeks later...

An update..........!%$***~~####ks(oh yea it's going that well!!!!) :angry: ). Subject of model, nice. Quality of kit? good. Instructions? fine & clear.......,DECALS :boom: will not stay down!!!!(not happy). I agree with Dan in his build of the same kit, bin them and buy some others, you would struggle to keep these down with a house brick on them and mine wont stay put at-all. Repeated aplications off micro sol and micro set have not worked. So i will next try using johnsons clear or if that dosn't work then it's PVA and if that dosn't work then a HAMMER!!!! :deadhorse: will be!!

Dont know if i will beat the deadline but will try to, if i dont, this kit might get fed to the carpet monster one pice at a time.

Gruffers(hoos got da hump :angrysoapbox.sml: )