Argentinian Lancaster, 1/72 Revell FINISHED

Chris. May I ask what colour you used for your exhaust staining on the top surfaces? I like the subtlety of yours in comparison to my REAF one. Did you spray, and if so, can you remember how much thinning of the paint and what pressure you used/sprayed at?

I think you have got a really nice finish on your Argentine Lanc.

Edited for poor punctuation!!

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

Thankyou for the kind comments everybody, most appreciated.

Roland, regarding the exhaust stains the procedure followed was as follows.

The paint used was a combination of tamiya flat black and red brown, mixed about 70/30 in favour of the brown. This was then thinned out to about 70% water. Standard airbrush pressure was used and the topside stains were then sprayed starting at the leading edge and tailing off towards the trailing edge. Successive layers were built up until the colour density was adequate.

The airbrush was then cleaned and loaded with very thin tamiya buff. This was then sprayed on the underside as well as the centre of each upper stain to simulate the lead deposits. I was aiming at an effect like your Egyptian Lancaster, but sadly most of this disappeared under the flat coat! What remained was satisfactory but barely shows any trace of the buff paint. I think making the buff coat thicker might improve this for next time.

I hope this description was of some use!