Argentinian Lancaster, 1/72 Revell FINISHED

Hi all, this build marks a number of firsts for me. It is the first time I have joined a GB, first time I have documented a build with the camera and the first 1/72 kit I have tackled (my norm being 1/48) since my beloved Halifax(see below) that I spent two years building was destroyed in an unfortunate accident!

CIMG3318.jpg

My plan is to build the Revell Lanc OOB, maybe with a few scratched additions, as a Royal Egyptian Air Force B Mk.1. Shots of the box top and decals follow:

CIMG5074.jpg

CIMG5075.jpg

Fingers crossed I will get this one finished before the deadline!

Chris

Edited by airbus320

• 4 weeks later...

Have decided to change direction a little on this one. As there is another Egyptian Lancaster in progress I am going for a little extra variety and will finish this one as an aircraft of the Fuerza Aérea Argentina. That leaves the decals for my future Egyptian Halifax (if I can just find out what the colour scheme was...).

I have now got the major bits together, just the glazing to do and then she will be ready for some paint. I have used a lot of filler so far, but most of this is down to my ham hand rather than the kit, which is fantastic! I did increase the dihedral of the outer wing panels however.

CIMG5110.jpg

CIMG5109.jpg

iphonedump1210020.jpg

iphonedump1210019.jpg

Chris

Thanks for the comments everyone...

A quick update, I have painted the camouflage on the upper surfaces. These a/c were delivered in standard bomber command camo and I figured they would have a hard life given the weather conditions and the fact that they were involved in at least two revolutions during their sevice life! I used Xtracrylix DG/DE faded in places with flat white and can't say I'm thrilled with the results. The colours look somewhat off. I will have a look at touching them up when I get back from Mexico next week.

iphonedump001.jpg

iphonedump002.jpg

iphonedump004.jpg

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Further update - I have a week of leave now, so no excuse not to finish this one! Sprayed the undersides with Revell Panzer Grey, removed the masking and found this:

Cancun2011089.jpg

Grrrrr... should have undercoated it. A quick touch up led to this:

Cancun2011090.jpg

And a coat of clear got me to this:

Cancun2011091.jpg

Next up, my favourite part - decalling! Usual apologies for the poor pictures.

Chris

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Always like seeing familiar types in the more obscure liveries - interesting how such relatively small changes in colour scheme completely alter the look - and 'feel' - of the aircraft. Somehow concentrates the mind on the shape of the airframe. Smashing job, as we used to say.