* Opel blitz n Figure

mrcooljules

Now i knew this what a quick build (pair inbox) which at the moment im having lots of fun doing quickbuild Armourfast stuff...but i must say im disaponted

SPM_A0493.jpg

while a few simple parts, that look pretty good at quick glance, when you look again you see problems.

SPM_A0495.jpg

SPM_A0494.jpg

I quickly noticed the driver has no hands or feet, now while most kit figures have no feet, to have no hands....well thats just plain stupid (i changed mine for a metal MMS seated figure, ok i had to cut off the feet, but thats it, i will add a gear stick to one of his hands later) also no clear parts are included what so ever........

the wheels

SPM_A0499.jpg

sparse interior, a settering wheel n thats it....

SPM_A0498.jpg

rear wheels

SPM_A0500.jpg

I also noticed some other major problems, i dont care that these are cheep quick build kits...but the way they made the rear part is poor, if you leave the canvas roof off (which i want to do on one of the 2) there is no wooden detail on the inside, also a stupid lip (and 2 big lumps running across which i have no idea what they are).

also no headlights, either type or the width indecators. so what its a cheap kit, for the time and effort, even something resembling headlights would be idea...

Chassis. not bad, quite happy for a quick build...

SPM_A0497.jpg

the dricing compartment added

SPM_A0506.jpg

any idea what the 2 tows of big lumps in the rear are?

SPM_A0496.jpg

top half...its possible to take off the top from the bottom, so when i want to paint the interior and make windscreen

SPM_A0507.jpg

SPM_A0502.jpg

SPM_A0503.jpg

SPM_A0504.jpg

no way am i not adding headlights, inc notek and the width markers, so heres 2 lumps of plastic for the headlights, once solid in place will shape them to something better

SPM_A0509.jpg

SPM_A0508.jpg

and final pick for today

SPM_A0510.jpg

ok i think this kit is aimed at the beginner or war gamer, but the new italeri stuff with full or quick build still has the little detail, important things....and no decals either..bah.

ok i have many aftermarket sheets, inc bison decals but i dont think, by the the time i have made the clear parts, headlights etc etc. a normal build kit would take longer, or at least less stressful.

again sorry for the crap fotos....

hope to start painting in a week or 2, once the little details are completed, will take pics as i go along...if anyone is still interested lol

Edited by mrcooljules

:welcome:

Nice build so far.

ta, i think the next fotos...as i build it, i take a lot further away, ok you wont see much, but at least not a blur lol

• 1 month later...

Here it is so far.

i used vajello paints, and decals from a Bison decal sheet.

i need to dull down and weather, and add a preisler standing figure or 2.

Im hoping to do the Revell horse drawn canon set, but my horse painting skill is poo. and im running out of time

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0433.jpg

DSCF0432.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Hi,

painting horses can be tricky, but here's how I do it (on 1/76 scale model railway). The technique is basically the same as painting wooden propellers, but you aim to get less 'graining' in the paint finish

i) attach the horse to some sort of handle to prevent smudging your paint.

ii) spray a base colour- I usually go for biscuit colour regardless of finished colour of horse, but you can experiment with different shades.

iii) lightly brush on topcoat using oil paint. You will be removing a lot of the paint as you go along, building up a fine film of paint over the . Build up the coats slowly.

iv) depending on the muscle-tone of the horse, you may then be able to wash over a dark colour to add definition.

v) paint mane, hoofs, tail, etc.

More advanced techniques include stippling in another colour, and I tend to use very thinned paint which creates soft demarkations between colours. I find this sort of thing is only effective if I work from a photo of a real horse!

The lorry looks good.

Will

Hi,

painting horses can be tricky, but here's how I do it (on 1/76 scale model railway). The technique is basically the same as painting wooden propellers, but you aim to get less 'graining' in the paint finish

i) attach the horse to some sort of handle to prevent smudging your paint.

ii) spray a base colour- I usually go for biscuit colour regardless of finished colour of horse, but you can experiment with different shades.

iii) lightly brush on topcoat using oil paint. You will be removing a lot of the paint as you go along, building up a fine film of paint over the . Build up the coats slowly.

iv) depending on the muscle-tone of the horse, you may then be able to wash over a dark colour to add definition.

v) paint mane, hoofs, tail, etc.

More advanced techniques include stippling in another colour, and I tend to use very thinned paint which creates soft demarkations between colours. I find this sort of thing is only effective if I work from a photo of a real horse!

The lorry looks good.

Will

thanks for the tips!!

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt get chance to do the Revell field artiliery set, last week or so had bad back ache, so meds n too drowsy....

This is the Pegasus quick build blitz, but its crap......i had to scratchbuild the headlights, but at the moment nothing to make the clear windscreen from

Decals are from Bison decals (very good)

figure is a Preisler..

Look what is in the hand of the standing figure...i went for humur, so if you speak german you will find it funny lol

I had wanted to goto poundland and get some filler/putty but ran out of cash...so i used old tea bags, as i wanted a muddy well churned road...but i ran out of hairspray to stick it together.

you can tell from the fotos, but there are tyre tracks recessed a bit....

DSCF0713.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

DSCF0725.jpg

DSCF0717.jpg

This is my first ever comp!

the origional idea was a opel blitz, stuck in mud, and the horse artliery going bast looking, called 'horse power v horse power' but as i said, bad back ache and trying to complete some quick build tanks to stick on ebay.

hope u like the humur

I like that a lot. never thought of using tea bags!

yeah, these tea bags are about 12 years old.....saved by my grandfather. you can crush them finer, and old tea bags are free, where little bags of grass/soil from model shops are not cheap.....just use pva glue, water paints etc and so cheap