Revell 1:32 Hawk

Iain Ogilvie

Hiya Scarlet,

Yes - it's part 89 that is short shot on many of the kits - realise that the section that's missing is just moulded (or not) on one side.

Both of my kits are affected.

I popped round to Revell GB this afternoon - but nobody there - may call by tomorrow if I get a chance. Easy to scratchbuild anyway...

Iain

Thanks guys - all kit apart from some drilled out lightening holes - two pieces of wire - and a few blobs of paint.

The tub sides are opaque when you see them - the light shining from the side makes 'em appear red :)

I hate red...

Iain

Thanks guys...

Got the fuselage together and intakes on last night - beautiful fit all round - I suspect the only area I may need filler will be underneath the intakes.

Wings tonight - out with the flaps.

I *really*, *really* hate red plastic - did I mention that? ;)

Iain

There are some seams that need addressing inside the intakes - will take a close look at shape then...

Edit to get rid of my extreme numptiness ;)

100 Sqn checks are blue and yellow :)

Mutter, mutter...

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Thanks - was pretty certain I wasn't going mad...

I can recall an accommodation block next to officer's mess Akrotiri that was painted in blue and yellow checks with skull and cross-bones flying.

Edit - I shouldn't have been so hasty - apologies to Hannants - they *are* dark blue and yellow!

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Agreed, they're Roundel Blue and Golden Yellow - - however, I've just looked at the pictures on the Hannants Website and they're definitely shown as Blue & Yellow checks there. Looks like a production error?

Some recents:

re2005108.JPG

re2005109.JPG

Iain

WOW!!!

Is that decal and paint?? Incredible work either way. By the way Ian, what's the scoop on the landing gear, short shot?? Did you get a chance to go by Revell??

Anyway nice work again!!

Cheers,