Revell 1:32 Hawk

Iain Ogilvie

Have you added the target tow bracket?

Shaun.

Not yet - looking for pix atm...

We want to see her finished! :whip:

Yeah, yeah - you and me both! :S

But thanks all for the nice words - I think she's looking OK - wish I'd addressed the area on the fuselage just ahead of the tailplane like geedubelyer's done - they're definately too pronounced in the kit.

Oh well - so much for a 'fun' out of the box build! :)

But the best £18's worth of modelling fun I've had in years!

Need to order some more decals this week methinks as I think I'll be building a few more this year.

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Shaun - you're a bl**dy STAR! :yahoo:

I thank ewe!

I'd missed those completely.

I'll get her done then make this after the rest of the airframe complete :)

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Shaun - you're a bl**dy STAR! :yahoo:

I thank ewe!

I'd missed those completely.

I'll get her done then make this after the rest of the airframe complete :)

Iain

No problem, no excuse to not finish her now :winkgrin:

I can remember watching 100 Sqn on detachment at Brawdy towing banners for 5 Sqn F-3's.

"Drop, Drop, Now", Happy days

Will have to dig out the photos and scan them.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

OK - failed miserably to finish today - promised to look after Cam whilst mum and grandma went out for a Mother's Day treat. :)

Anyhow - gear painted and assembled (Aeroclub's most excellent legs).

Martin Baker's finest painted - and detail added to top of head box with Milliput.

Just adding webbing to the kit seats right now.

Iain

OK - failed miserably to finish today - promised to look after Cam whilst mum and grandma went out for a Mother's Day treat. :)

Anyhow - gear painted and assembled (Aeroclub's most excellent legs).

Martin Baker's finest painted - and detail added to top of head box with Milliput.

Just adding webbing to the kit seats right now.

Iain

Looking great Iain.

I have 3 of these to be built, strangely 2 Red's (I know probably a waste) and 1 other.

Not sure yet whether to do a black or grey one yet.

Grey ones have a few decent options by the looks of it. Particularly like old Chivenor and Brawdy jets.

The size of the damn things though surprised me.

The Reds will be Out of the Box and the black or grey will be full of Flightpath as soon as its all available.

J.

<EDIT> Whilst were here, does anyone know where I can get some decent Pilots for these. Need 2 for the Reds. Sorry for the partial thread hijack Iain, was hoping someone whose been watching may have an idea ;)

Edited by JaseGill

Hiya J.

Surprised at size? Larger, or smaller, than expected? I think it's rather compact and bijou for 1:32 and doesn't take up too much space :)

Figures - the NATO figure listed on PJ Productions website may give you a good start...

Booked a day's holls tomorrow - see if I can finish the bu**er ;)

Iain

Hiya J.

Surprised at size? Larger, or smaller, than expected? I think it's rather compact and bijou for 1:32 and doesn't take up too much space :)

Figures - the NATO figure listed on PJ Productions website may give you a good start...

Booked a day's holls tomorrow - see if I can finish the bu**er ;)

Iain

Iain,

Just surprised that its a bit on the large side. Of course I shouldn't be, I've rode in enough of them in the past. I was thinking of a 1/32 Tornado at some point with all the Flightpath extra's, I'm now thinking given the size of the Hawks that 1/48 may be the way to go for that idea. My 1/32 Revell Typhoon is going to take some housing too I think. Maybe my lovely lady wont be so keen on me getting the shed to myself for modelling after all.

For what I have in mind a couple of 1/48 Airfix Hawks would have probably been better, I just like 1/32 though...

Yes that's the figure I thought too, the mouldings look a little soft in the pictures I have seen but should be good enough for what I have in mind.

Good luck on finishing it.

J.