New resin Aftermarket company opening soon!!

AnonymousER99

Hi guys

Well after finally sealing up all of the details with my partner, Mike Valdez, I am announcing here first the formation of a new resin aircraft aftermarket company called Two Mikes Resin. The name has been chosen due to our loose affiliation with our good friend Bob Sanchez of Two Bobs Aviation Graphics. One of my main reasons I went to California this past weekend was to solidify our ideas and to start getting the website and financials going. My wife Amanda and Mikes wife Tina will also play a significant role in our company.

We will be specializing in 1/48, 1/32 and maybe 1/72 modern aircraft update sets. We won't be playing with the big boys like Aires as we want to keep our place a bit more manageable since we both have day jobs. Cockpit sets won't be happening right off the bat but we do ahave a few that we are working on. My main focus in my own masters are subjects close to my heart that I hope many of you find interesting. We are going to start slow with simple items but as we get our ducks in a row we will start doing more complex sets. Our main goal is to have very high quality stuff that is well packaged and shipped fast for a reasonable price.

So there you go!! We should be up and in production with items on our forthcoming website in the next 60 days or so. We will also be at the IPMS/USA National Convention in Virginia Beach next summer.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers fellas!!

Mike Reeves

Congratulations Mike! Will you have a presence at Modelzona on Saturday?

Paul

No presence other than me!! I willbe dropping off the awards for the show Saturday morning. Still working on some masters now and hope to have the first few items cast and ready to ship by early January. Website is under construction and once we are up and running I will post the info needed. Watch this space! BTW will you be at Modelzona? I would like to meet you

Mike

Nice one.

Will you be doing WW2 stuff?

Cheers.

Bob

Bob

We may dip into the WWII pond sometime but there are just so many guys out there who do it so well. If you have any suggestions please feel free to email me! My ears are always on. I would also like to do a few WWI things but those will be pet projects.

Mike

Paul

No presence other than me!! I willbe dropping off the awards for the show Saturday morning. Still working on some masters now and hope to have the first few items cast and ready to ship by early January. Website is under construction and once we are up and running I will post the info needed. Watch this space! BTW will you be at Modelzona? I would like to meet you

Mike

Bob

We may dip into the WWII pond sometime but there are just so many guys out there who do it so well. If you have any suggestions please feel free to email me! My ears are always on. I would also like to do a few WWI things but those will be pet projects.

Mike

Mike,

That is superb news about doing WW1 stuff. I wasn't gonna bother asking you as I thought it wouldn't be your thing... Any clues as to what you will be doing for us WW1 nutters?

Cheers.

Bob

Mike,

That is superb news about doing WW1 stuff. I wasn't gonna bother asking you as I thought it wouldn't be your thing... Any clues as to what you will be doing for us WW1 nutters?

Cheers.

Bob

Bob

Not really sure yet. It really depends on getting my refs straight. I know that there are a few things I personally want to do for my Eduard Nieuports. Any ideas on your end?? Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

Mike

great news.... the more aftermarket companies out there the better for the modeller....even better that they are part of the same group as we have become members of and have grown to love!! Keep us posted and i'm sure you'll fare well among the group. Jag and tiffie sound like a fantastic starting point to me. :thumbsup:

great news.... the more aftermarket companies out there the better for the modeller....even better that they are part of the same group as we have become members of and have grown to love!! Keep us posted and i'm sure you'll fare well among the group. Jag and tiffie sound like a fantastic starting point to me. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tom!!

We will find a niche that suits us and the modeler alike. I am so looking forward to getting our first few releases out and getting the site up and running!! I have personally adopted BM as my own personal group as I find it more home like than the others. Its like a family here so thats why I told everyone of it here first. :)

Mike

More aftermarket goodness of this type is always welcome :) Best of luck with your new venture! Would be nice to see a few bits and bobs for modern RAF jets, as there are some notable absences, if you're looking for subjects....

British/Canadian CRV-7 Rocket pods (19 shot or 6 shot training pod)

Typhoon centerline and inner-most wing pylons (missing from Revells otherwise excellent 1/48 'phoon)

Brimstone missiles and triple launch adapters

Tornado outer 'shoulder' ALARM pylons

A simple Tornado GR4 update set would be possible and highly desirable too to my mind - these days the only way to make an accurate GR4 involves cross kitting the (better) Italeri IDS kit with an airfix GR4 'donor' for some parts that are simply not available in the world of aftermarket, and can only be sources in this way. Given the Airfix kit has a RRP of £21.99 and rarely go for less than £10 on ebay, any aftermarket set for the Tornado that includes these parts that negates the need to spend this much would be a winner in my view.

All the very best for your new venture Mike (s)

How about some travel pods and FOD covers (F4s /FGR2s naturally!)...both dead easy to do I'd imagine?

Rich R

You are hereby adopted as an Honourary Brit! :clap2:

Just give us a good BM discount Mike, and were all yours mate.

Best of British!

Let the poor bloke make some profit Gary!

No profit....no future......just like so many before.