Revell 1/32 Red Arrows Hawk

spfparker

w00t - me got a spangly new Hawk too - stunning value!

In fact - mine was FREE courtesy of an Argos card we were given - me very happy bunny!

Am going to make a start later this evening - still undecided as to Arrows - or another scheme - but going to go for a quick build. The two on order from Wonderland I can go to town on.

Revell - once again you've come up trumps guys - I really hope this sells in crate loads (which I suspect it will :))

OK - glass of wine - then scan instructions for those that need - then cut plastic :)

Iain

so when made up how big is the hawk not as big as tornado why have argos only got one it not even in modelzone yet

Just over a foot long by just under a foot wide, according to the box.

Tony :clif:

After reading all this chatter just after tea, I managed to reserve the one at Stratford-upon-Avon and intended to pick it up tomorrow. However, I just couldn't wait that long, jumped in the car and voila! Wifey thinks I'm nuts and wonders what all the fuss is about. I've not opened it yet (savouring the moment just a little longer) but will do so a little later with a nice cup of tea.

I have also received a confirmation email from Hannants stating that they have despatched the Xtradecal 1/32 Hawk decals that I just happened to order, by sheer coincidence, earlier today!

Oh happy days.

Revell32Hawkresize.jpg

Well the last one Aberdeen has been reserved me .. pick up tomorrow afternoon, and one of the Xtradecal sheets also ordered, my first one will be the 151 SQ wrapround scheme - with Saltaires either side of the fusalage roundel - how could I not pick that one!

What amazing value - way to go Revell and Argos!

Picked the last one up from Exeter, on the way home from work (sorry Tony).

Its the best value kit released in a long time, and no real need for aftermarket resin, unless you want a competition winner. The decals look great, esp the ones for the seat. Its red plastic, but it will disappear under a coat of primer, so no worries. Enjoy all of yours, im looking forward to seeing the first one done (it def wont be mine).

CHeers

Tim

After reading all this chatter just after tea, I managed to reserve the one at Stratford-upon-Avon and intended to pick it up tomorrow. However, I just couldn't wait that long, jumped in the car and voila! Wifey thinks I'm nuts and wonders what all the fuss is about.

:rofl: My wife thinks the same. Just read out the above to her and says your wife isn't the only one ! :rofl:

Mark,

I might be tapping you up for info' on wrap around grey/green Chivenor based armed Hawks soon...

Edited by Dave T

Picked the last one up from Exeter, on the way home from work (sorry Tony).

Its the best value kit released in a long time, and no real need for aftermarket resin, unless you want a competition winner. The decals look great, esp the ones for the seat. Its red plastic, but it will disappear under a coat of primer, so no worries. Enjoy all of yours, im looking forward to seeing the first one done (it def wont be mine).

CHeers

Tim

You're not even going to build it?? That's sacrilege!

Antony

:rofl: My wife thinks the same. Just read out the above to her and says your wife isn't the only one ! :rofl:

Mark,

I might be tapping you up for info' on wrap around grey/green Chivenor based armed Hawks soon...

anything you need give me a shout, the xtradecal sheet with camo birds looks good though

This madness is infectious!!

Bagged the one in Southampton and might have reserved another one. I see some are promised in on Monday. The portents are good: It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm off for other reasons anyway and this is my 208th posts for me.

I was going to be soooo good and finish some other models first.

Cheers guys!

Argos must be wondering what's hit them.

Dear Argos

Please ask those awfully nice Revell people for a 1/32 EE Lightning and stand well back.

Yours in anticipation

BM

Edited by Plastic Bonsai

These are in stock in some Argos Stores - have just picked one up..

£18.99 with a couple of pots of paint , glue and a brush.

looks nice.......if not a little red!

thanks for the tip-off

Hope theyhave some in mylocal

Well the last one Aberdeen has been reserved me .. pick up tomorrow afternoon, and one of the Xtradecal sheets also ordered, my first one will be the 151 SQ wrapround scheme - with Saltaires either side of the fusalage roundel - how could I not pick that one!

Good choice! ;)

Iain

anthony have you ordered the decal sheet cos you will need the stencil sheet aswell there are no stencils on the main sheet

Which stencil sheet is required?. Fancying the Xtradecal early colour schemes

Cheers

Edited by chrisrope