Revell 1/32 Red Arrows Hawk

spfparker

Thanks for heads-up - have one reserved - will take 40 mile round trip this evening to collect :)

(Just hope it *is* the 1:32 one I have reserved!)

Means that I'll have three when the two from Wonderland arrive - just for starters! ;)

Strange distribution atm - from their website it appears that only some of the larger stores have them - and only one on stock??

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

I think this is a link to my sprueshots....

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc397/...r/Red%20Arrows/

Thanks for heads-up - have one reserved - will take 40 mile round trip this evening to collect :)

(Just hope it *is* the 1:32 one I have reserved!)

Means that I'll have three when the two from Wonderland arrive - just for starters! ;)

Strange distribution atm - from their website it appears that only some of the larger stores have them - and only one on stock??

Iain

Thats the one I reserved and picked up this morning...

Oi hates red plastic :raincloud: Mind you, I suppose that'll please little Johnnie that won't have to paint his big plane before he puts the stickers on, so what the heck? :shrug:

Woohoo !! MDC Decal :D

Poof! :lol:

Oi hates red plastic :raincloud: Mind you, I suppose that'll please little Johnnie that won't have to paint his big plane before he puts the stickers on, so what the heck? :shrug:

I am pleased :D

Looks nice. Please forgive my ignorance as i know nothing of the Hawk. Can anything other than a Red Arrows bird be built from the box,

Thanks.

Well from the linked sprues shots it seems the fuselage gun pack is there. Lacking are underwing pylons and stores, but to be honest I have pictures of plenty of Hawks in all the major RAF schemes flying clean, so with new markings (there are loads due from Xtradecal and Model Alliance) you should be set for any of a number of different Hawks given a little creative shuffling of serials...

I was planning to do a 100 Squadron target-tug but looking at the quality of the decal sheet I thing a Red Arrows machine is definitely on the cards as well.

Of all the Red Arrows Hawk decals I've seen those really do look excellent for colour and detail, I'm also quite taken by all the interior decals, the seat harnesses and fittings as well as the instrument panels, not really aimed at the enthusiast but a hell of a good way for little Johnny to get a decent looking cockpit without heaps of detail painting.

I don't think they'll work for me, but the AM boys are already falling over themselves to pimp this kit so I suppose resin and etch packages are imminent!

FWIW I've pre-ordered one at my local Argos, the site says I can collect it next Monday! Seems strange as it wasn't due for release until mid February, at least thats the last I heard about it.

Edited by TheModeller

Thanks Guys for the heads up, just run down to my Argos to pick up the last one they had, what a bargain, got some extra red paint for anybody who wants it.....

I was going to post a box picture but that is up already

Can confirm it is red plastic, but who cares a coat of grey primer will soon sort that out

The MDC is on the decal so that is good and cool.

Now I do need a few more kits to cut fill and modify.................. BUT at least I have one to gaze at, ponder over, and look at all the engineerring that lies before me......

Well for many many reasons this is a very happy day for me, I suppose I best get back to reality with a Tucano, Sea Vixen conversions etc....... to get done and completed.

cheers Ali

ps do not ask what my plans are it is all secret