F-86 Sabre decals, Skyblazer

neilfgr2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil, Microscale did the markings on sheet 48-28, this also included markings for an F86A of the 'Silver Sabres' team, and an F86A of the 56th FG. I have a rather battered copy of the sheet. You are welcome to it if you want it, send me a PM with your address.

Robin.

Can anyone tell which decal company did this sheet in 48th scale for the F-86 Skybalzer scheme. Cant remember if it was Aeromaster or Eagle Strike.

Neil,

It was Cutting Edge 48-022 but is long gone now. There are a couple of the old Superscale sheets on Ebay here and here ,

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

What about decals for Skyblazers F-86 today? Is there any available in 1/72 or are all sold out?

Is the Fujimi Skyblazers kit the one to get or is there any alternativ in 1/72?

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/F-86F-30-Sabre-Sky-Blazers.html

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B

André,

I think I might do a rundown of Skyblazers kits/decals because I see a lot of stuff out there but none of the kits or aftermarket seem to cover the 1955 scheme and of the 1956-era scheme, none seems to depict all of the aircraft flown by the team!

And I can't see any aftermarket decals in 1/72 that are still widely available. Looks like another job for the online auction sites!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Yes, you could use the Airfix F-86 as a 'Skyblazer'.  It has the correct 6-3 hard edge wing.

Tony

There you go, giving me even more ideas for more Sabres .......... 😁

Terry