Another Venom.....

Inspired by seeing photo's of Jon K-T's lovelly Classic Airframes Venom FB4, I thought I had better finish off my FB1 that I'd started some time ago..and here she is

Another one finished!! (I think thats THREE this year- I'm, on a roll!!!)

Kit OOB, Xtracryklic paints, decals from various sources including the no walkway stencil's (for the Sea Venom) from Model Alliances "Ark Royal" sheet - the Red in the CA sheet (and including the national markings) is I beleive, too dark. 16 Sqn Cross Keys marking was from Hasegawa's 1/72nd scale Tornado GR1 kit (the yellow surround to this may not be accurate!)

100_6296.jpg

100_6297.jpg

100_6293.jpg

100_6298.jpg

Thanks everybody. Can agree with Jon's summary about this kit - it is a vast improvement over the Vampire.

The only real problem I had was aligning the tail booms, and looking at certain angles - I'm still not sure that I've "nailed it"!

I managed to squeeze a lot of lead sheet into th enose area and have managed to prevent the dreaded tail -sitter...

Greg, I'll brinbg her along tomorrow night - and you can judge it for yourself!

The FB4 is next - though I should really get some Vulcan's & Jagulars built!!!!

Hi Bill - thats a great job on the mk1. I humbly submit that it looks a damn site better than mine too :)

Its funny - but having the proper DH shaped fins makes the mk 1 Venom look a lot slicker than the squared off ones on the mk 4 - one wonders why DH didn't just keep their trademark shape for the mk 4 but just make the fin and rudder area bigger?

I must agree with you about the tail fin/boom alignment - I keep looking at mine too, wondering if its aligned correctly. Surely there's a better way to mould this area of the kit - to ensure a more accurate alignment; one wonders how Tamiya might approach this? or even Trumpeter ( now theres a thought...)

regards

Jon KT