1/48th Hasegawa + Aeroclub Spitfire Mk.IXc, 145(Polish)Sqn, RAF

Mark

Hi all, I know, I know… It’s another Spitfire and another RAF scheme. But this one’s a bit different as it is an accurate 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc! Well, it’s about as close to an accurate Mk.IXc as I can get!

The kit is the Hasegawa one but with the Aeroclub fuselage as well as their four-bladed propeller and spinner. The exhausts are the excellent Moskit ones, seat belts are by Eduard and the decals are by Techmod representing ZX-5, EN267 of 145(Polish)Sqn, RAF, in North Africa in 1943.

The Aeroclub fuselage corrects all the shape issues with the Hasegawa kit's rather short fuselage and having compared every available option for a Mk.IX, this replacement injected fuselage by Aeroclub really does, in my humble opinion, look the part and could not be easier to use being a direct replacement.

Hope you like her and are not too bored of Spitfires as I seem to be on a bit of a Spitfire roll right now!

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

Edited by Busdriver

Hi Woody,

I used to stay in Malta when I worked for Emirates and never, ever went to the museum because, well, I'll go next time... The number of times I said that with regards to any of the places that I visited and now I work short haul the opportunities are no longer there, well, not unless I pay to go myself!