Italeri Merlin HMA.1

This is the Italeri 1/72nd kit. It's my first attempt at a helo. Went together pretty good. Filler required mostly around the sponsons but other than that the fit was pretty good. Paint was Tamiya acrylic throughout.

8.jpg

9.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Hope you like. Comments welcome as always

Take a bow Tom that's very good. Do you use a marker pen for your panel lines at all?

no mate. just a wash. The only real downside to the Italeri kit is the panels lines. Some are really fine and others you could fly the aircraft through. This makes some of them darker than they normally would be. I think this is what you mean.

Nice work - I've almost given up on mine due to the difficulty in blending the side panels into the fuselage - big gaps with subtle rivets that disappear with whatever filler you try. Did you start with the original release or the "revised" one that gave you the extra port window (with minimal instructions to fit it in).

In anticipation of the 1/48 version,

Lee

Nice job, one comment though......blades are incorrect colour as they don't have yellow tips & should be green with metallic leading edges. Pity Italeri haven't used the Navy decals from the Revell boxing as those are correct size!

Dave

Nice job, one comment though......blades are incorrect colour as they don't have yellow tips & should be green with metallic leading edges. Pity Italeri haven't used the Navy decals from the Revell boxing as those are correct size!

Dave

i was going to say that Dave! also the BAU should be black and is in the wrong position, but im being really picky. great looking model mate, wish mine looked that good!