Revell 1/72 Douglas Boston III

My first outing in this forum so please be kind!! This the very old Revell US kit, the one you may remember that featured box art of a desert full of Panther tanks being bombed by a US marked Boston - just when did the Panther reach North Africa remind me???!!!

Kit had rivets and lines sanded of and rescribed. Decals were from a sheet by Kits At War. Not sure about the placement of the red fire extinguisher decal above the small porthole in the side of the fuselage. All other Bostons I have seen have this below the porthole. Kits At War say it should be above and I slavishly followed their instructions. :confused:

The kit props were very weedy and I replaced them with Aeroclub white metal props. They also help keep the nose on the ground!!

Pat

boston.jpg

boston10.jpg

boston4.jpg

boston9.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Peebeep - If I recall correctly for no obvious reason the P-70 came with some kind of maintenance frame and a couple of ground crew so you could have a simple diorama? Otherwise I think its the same kit with the gun nose and ventral tray isn't it? Also boxed by Revell AG in Matchbox form just to confuse people!!

Pat

Thanks guys. Peebeep - If I recall correctly for no obvious reason the P-70 came with some kind of maintenance frame and a couple of ground crew so you could have a simple diorama? Otherwise I think its the same kit with the gun nose and ventral tray isn't it? Also boxed by Revell AG in Matchbox form just to confuse people!!

That is correct. The one that I was given was a Matchbox issue.

peebeep