Vietnam era "pinup" figure

wkennerley

Hi GB moderators - I have just acquired the figure below in Vietnam era clothing, kind of a "Vietnam Pin-up" figure - May I please enter this into the GB. If necessary I will post pics of WIP with a flag or such over certain areas.

VNGB.jpg

Many thanks

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

Heh... i think that maybe when you get some paint on her you might want to cover up her funbags, as there are a few really quite young modellers on the site :)

Leave the flag out. Titmodeller... :devil:

Yeah - always has been, but don't be nasty about the membership! :tease:

Heh... i think that maybe when you get some paint on her you might want to cover up her funbags,

spoilsport....rick from the popular peoples liberation of funbags front

Edited by sinnerboy

I'd have left her uncovered, but I respect the admins view and understand that maybe some cover might be required. Personally I'd wrap her in a flag, but maybe this could be seen as lack of respect for those who served in a war where many lost their life and many more received scars that will never heal.

Yet, I believe a figure like that wrapped in flag would look great ! :D

I think the figure is fine as it is and the uncovered parts should be painted in flesh tones.

The only obscene thing I see there is the rifle, which is used to kill people. The alluring parts of her body are meant to entice lusty young men to mate with her and thus produce offspring. This is how Mother Nature keeps the species going. So how can anything as natural as procreation be censurable while instruments of death are glorified?

Me thinks our society's morals are screwed up somewhat.

ssculptor

I think the figure is fine as it is and the uncovered parts should be painted in flesh tones.

She will be painted flesh tones etc, however on the photo's I post I will superimpose something over the fun bags to hide them

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

• 2 weeks later...

Right I have the figure, fixed up a join issue on the arm and have sprayed trousers / helmet in green and masked then, then initial coat of flesh, covered it in a darker wash then decided I wanted her lighter skinned so have brushed / blended a lighter flesh colour (all games workshop colours) - Hopefully take a photo later.

Edited by wkennerley

• 2 weeks later...

Right so here she is, flesh pretty much done (not great but OK in my eyes) - The finish on the metal was nto brilliant adn although I caught some of it there is still a lot of roughness as can be seen on The side shot - Anyway I placed her on the base to photograph and what does the silly cow do afterwards?? Well she fell over and broke her arm!! Oh well now to see if I can fix it without a seam showing!!

DSCF1723-Copy1.jpg

DSCF1724.jpg

DSCF1725-Copy1.jpg

• 1 month later...