28. BexWH773

29. Tropical Thistle

30. Hatchet

31. ChancerUK

32. MadNurseGaz

33. Basosz

34. Sabre days

35. Worm

Welcome along Steve. Any ideas what you'd like to do yet?

1. Daniel

2. wkennerley

3. Madmonk

4. smeds

5. Col.

6. robw_uk

7. Shar2

8. brianthemodeller

9. rkennerley

10. F111Fan

11. Roland Pulfrew

12. Busdriver

13. hovis

14. Paul

15. davidsm

16. Deon

17. Micha

18. John Laidlaw

19. TimJ

20. Robert

21. markmarples

22. charley420

23. Max Headroom

24. Muller

25. Enzo Matrix

26. Gekko_1

27. Chris Babes

28. BexWH773

29. Tropical Thistle

30. Hatchet

31. ChancerUK

32. MadNurseGaz

33. Basosz

34. Sabre days

35. Worm

36. WEZ

Cool. Look forward to seeing what you have planned for it :D

Welcome along Steve. Any ideas what you'd like to do yet?

I was thinking about a Singaporean Nimrod for maritime and anti-pirate operations, but I've also been thinking about a Dutch and Indian Navy Wyvern as well. :winkgrin:

I was thinking about a Singaporean Nimrod for maritime and anti-pirate operations, but I've also been thinking about a Dutch and Indian Navy Wyvern as well. :winkgrin:

They all sound interesting but the Indian Navy Wyvern has captured my imagination! Cracking idea :D

They all sound interesting but the Indian Navy Wyvern has captured my imagination! Cracking idea :D

I must admit I think it is one of my better ideas. :winkgrin:

Agreed on the Indian Wyvern... :speak_cool:

I seem to be on a bit of a Hornet phase right now (probably something to do with getting the Vertical Reality Simulations F/A-18E Super Hornet flight sim add-on and the On Target "Plus" Profile on the Legacy Hornets for Christmas, and re-watching Jetstream on DVD this week is only compounding that). I've seen some lovely what-if profiles of Hornets in the current JASDF Mitsubishi F-2 scheme, I remember back in 2009 there was a proposal being reported for the USAF to acquire Hornets for Air National Guard units, and part of me has always wanted to do a CF-18 in Dark Earth and Dark Green over Sky Type "S" as a Battle of Britain anniversary scheme... It also just so happens I have a large stash of Hasegawa Legacy Hornets and now that that kit has been surpassed (if only slightly) by the Academy offering and I've come to the conclusion there are far too many Canadian Forces Hornet special schemes for me to ever hope to build them all, I may just "whiff" a few...

For that matter, a quick what-if option might be to just do up a couple Dragon 1:144 Super Hornets as CAG birds for USN squadrons that disbanded long before the Rhinos came along: VFA-161 Chargers and VFA-1 Wolfpack, perhaps?

Then again, the new Airfix Spitfire I has me thinking of all the export orders Supermarine were unable to fill because of the War.

Edited by Sabre_days

A JASDF Hornet you say Sabre_days? That does sound 'right' somehow but then again I'd also like to see the Spitfire 1 in pre-war markings for some of the various European nations who showed an interest...

1. Daniel

2. wkennerley

3. Madmonk

4. smeds

5. Col.

6. robw_uk

7. Shar2

8. brianthemodeller

9. rkennerley

10. F111Fan

11. Roland Pulfrew

12. Busdriver

13. hovis

14. Paul

15. davidsm

16. Deon

17. Micha

18. John Laidlaw

19. TimJ

20. Robert

21. markmarples

22. charley420

23. Max Headroom

24. Muller

25. Enzo Matrix

26. Gekko_1

27. Chris Babes

28. BexWH773

29. Tropical Thistle

30. Hatchet

31. ChancerUK

32. MadNurseGaz

33. Basosz

34. Sabre days

35. Worm

36. WEZ

37. Richellis

Okay Rich, if you insist, a Wif airline of some description perhaps? Aeroflot Boeing 747 or British Airways C-130 perhaps?

I think the last WIF had the most people sign up, but not all of them were able to take part, and all those who took part were not able to finish.

Dan

Guilty as charged on the latter point-tried to spray the white again this afternoon, and still got nowhere-I can't find a white, no matter how I thin it or spray it, that sprays properly :angrysoapbox.sml:

I think the last WIF had the most people sign up, but not all of them were able to take part, and all those who took part were not able to finish.

Dan

Guilty as charged M'Lud, made a start but it coincided with my exams etc, something had to give... ...soz and all!

Wez

• 2 weeks later...
A JASDF Hornet you say Sabre_days? That does sound 'right' somehow but then again I'd also like to see the Spitfire 1 in pre-war markings for some of the various European nations who showed an interest...

Thanks...some credit for the idea must go to the profile artist(s), though I'm pretty sure long before I saw them the thought had crossed my mind that JASDF could have gotten much the same capability as the F-2 and saved a lot of money by just buying Hornets instead of investing in a Super Viper that was bound to be hugely expensive for lack of export sales... As for the Spits, I do just happen to have some Lithuanian, Finnish and Romanian markings I could use. Alternately, it's much more fictional, but the thought of a Spitfire I in pre-war U.S. Army markings crosses my mind, as does putting the Irish Air Corps decals from the Airfix Hurricane on a Spit.

Another what-if I'd love to do is to finish my Italeri 1:72 F-19 as a "Canadair CF-190 Loup Garou" in Canadian Forces markings, but it's about 75% complete so I doubt it would be elligible...

Edited by Sabre_days

OK Dan I'm in Sir,

I've always wanted my own Air Force, now is my moment. A 1:72 thing in the colours and cam of the Independent State of Nottinghamshire...maybe even a Stags corporate jet, on second thoughts no. :lol:

Update 27.02.11 - A jet fighter of the Duchy of Sherwood...

Edited by benskipper

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be up for this if I'm not too late. Any particular "what ifs" in mind? I have attached photos of my current "what-ifs". Hope you like them. I will be happy to answer any questions and, I also welcome advice and/or constructive criticism.

024.jpg023.jpg022.jpg021.jpg019-1.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg