Hobby boss F18a

DAVE V

Hi everyone i finally made it on to the forum,all looks good to me, my question is, i am about to purchase the F18a, and have been looking for cockpit sets ect, i read that this tooling is based on the Hasagawa moldings and am wondering if i could use the Euard etch sets for it, any help would be very welcome, also any comments on the kit.

Cheers DAVE V :evil_laugh:

Dave,

I'm building a C over on ARC right now clicky. It is similar to the Hasegawa kit, the breakdown is nigh on identical but there are some key differences in some other areas such as the canopy and surface detailing. As for the cockpit, there is no reason the Eduard set shouldn't work although I've not tried it as I used the Aires cockpit which will fit with a little fiddling. One thing to bear in mind with the A version is that the vertical stabs will need a little modifying as they are only representative of an early production A,

:welcome:

Gary

Hi Gary, i have checked out your build, looking really good, thanks for the pointers, am i right in thinking i have to square off the Stabs, or have i looked at it wrong.

Ill probably use the eduard set, and maybe the exterior as well, just see how it goes.

Many Thanks Dave

am i right in thinking i have to square off the Stabs, or have i looked at it wrong.

Spot on. Hb moulded them too round, they need flattening out but not completely. Have a look here and here and compare to the kit. The one I modified is on the right.

DSCN1846.jpg

One other thing that is pretty handy is Dave Roof's Bureau No list which will help with all the various modifications which have been made over the years.

:coolio:

Gary