• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have so far prepared alternative markings for five G.IV bombers - information is still coming in, so profiles will be posted and details announced very soon.

#2 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,029,983 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Having seen the kit, I'm sure that'll please a lorra lorra people. Something other than white, I hope? :)

#3 DougN

DougN

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

Any updates Rowan? I'm not super keen on any of the kit markings at this point, so looking forward to what you come up with!

Cheers,

Doug

#4 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Any updates Rowan? I'm not super keen on any of the kit markings at this point, so looking forward to what you come up with!

Cheers,

Doug

Hello Doug,

So far we have the other two red-painted "lead" Gothas from the England raids ("MS/SM" and "K"), a further LVG-built one, Thomas Genth's Grandfather's "RG" and a surprise or two..... Work is continuing and I should be able to make a more specific announcement in a week or so. The possibility of SSW-built hexagon schemes may be there, if I can make it work in terms of costs - it would be an awful lot of decals........!

#5 DougN

DougN

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Rowan!

Now if I could just convince you do to markings Christiansen's W.29 (I think it might need new lozenge as well as the kit gives you the brown lozenge instead of the blue and I think his had the blue(?)), I would be really happy :)

#6 Rosco

Rosco

Established Member

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

I like the 624/16 decals in the kit then it would have to be the 991/16 version.

I can see another one being bought if some of these alternatives tickle my fancy.

#7 Adrian Davies

Adrian Davies

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

I know you get asked this all the time, but is there any chance of these in 1/72nd?

Oh I'll get them in 1/32nd but a Gotha in this scale isn't really practical in a two bedroom in Manhattan.

All the very best.

Adrian

#8 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

I know you get asked this all the time, but is there any chance of these in 1/72nd?

Oh I'll get them in 1/32nd but a Gotha in this scale isn't really practical in a two bedroom in Manhattan.

All the very best.

Adrian

Well I don't see why not - provided that there's enough interest. As Roden cover more than just the G.IV, there would be scope for a wider selection to include the G.V as well. I'll need to grab the Roden kit to see how the shapes are first.

#9 Nico Teunissen

Nico Teunissen

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

How about some 48th scale decals for the GV? I have red in the Windsock that the decals within the Hippo Models kit are quit wrong.

Cheers, Nico