Photo request

Bennygman

A quick request to anyone who went to RIAT this year. Did anyone get any shots of the Typhoon in static that was carrying six (I think) LGBs? I'm thinking of building my Revell kit using the same load-out but I didn't take any general shots of it :doh: , just this one...

IMG_9180.jpg

If anyone would be kind enough to post up any others I'd be most grateful.

Steve.

Steve - I got about 5 of the Typhoon - various angles on the LGB's, air intakes etc. Happily post em for you later as well. Just in case, that Tiffie arrived at Fairford clean and had the LGB's attached on site - of course 11 squadron are fighetr boys and not mud movers.

Think there are some general views of the same fit in the latest edition of "Aircraft Illustrated" magazine if that's any use.

There's also this shot of mine carrying just two, but with the same pylons-

285433754.jpg

If you need a higher resolution image, let me know.

Edited by Tim

Thanks for those two shots guys & gal - both saved in my Tiffy reference directory. Any others would be greatly appreciated also, especially if they also show which machine it was.

Gary: yes, I like the idea of the fighter guys carrying the LGBs. I look forward to someone making that comment about the finished model just so's I can say, "well, actually ...." :) .

Steve.

Thanks for those two shots guys & gal - both saved in my Tiffy reference directory. Any others would be greatly appreciated also, especially if they also show which machine it was.

Gary: yes, I like the idea of the fighter guys carrying the LGBs. I look forward to someone making that comment about the finished model just so's I can say, "well, actually ...." :) .

Steve.

Hi Gary / Steve,

I thought I read somehere that 11 squadron were planned to support operations in Afghanistan next year. I just assumed that this would be in the CAS role and therefore the above pictures may not seem out of place.

Tez

Wow - thanks guys I think between you that's got it covered :clap2:

Daz: your close up of the LGB is superb - answers all my questions about the colours.

Mike: Love that lower rear shot, I think that'll be of use to others as well.

Dean: What a cracker - I never thought of Jet photos, I got a shot from Airliners of it landing at Fairford, but as Gary said, it was unarmed at the time.

Tez; what you say makes sense, I'm guessing there's not much call for pure fighter cover over there (could be wrong though).

Only problem now is that with so much info I think I'm gonna have to switch to 1/48 to do it justice.

Steve.

Edited by Bennygman