1:72 PA474 BBMF Phantom of the Rhur

Okay chaps here is the components to my build,

P1110059.jpg

P1110060.jpg

P1110062.jpg

Lancaster.jpg

The last picture is one of my reference photo's... yes its the Red Arrow pilots but look behind them its a current picture of PA474's No.3 engine completely de-cowled and stripped right back to a forward tank just seen in the back ground... this is what I am aiming for!

BTW the fudge is there on purpose I intend to use it, any one want to hazard a guess what for?

Don't forget to alter vertical tails mate. She has Lincoln tails not Lancaster

Mark

For those of you building PA474 (or a Lincoln), be aware that you can obtain the correct shaped tail fins/rudders as a resin replacement set from A2Zee Models Alleycat range.

Regards

Mark

BTW the fudge is there on purpose I intend to use it, any one want to hazard a guess what for?

You're going to make a Lancaster out of fudge!? I know it's not quite the same consistency as Milliput, but still...

For those of you building PA474 (or a Lincoln), be aware that you can obtain the correct shaped tail fins/rudders as a resin replacement set from A2Zee Models Alleycat range.

Ooh, that's good to know (in case my kit-bashing fails). Thanks Mark

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

You're going to make a Lancaster out of fudge!? I know it's not quite the same consistency as Milliput, but still...

/quote]

at least with fudge, if you do make a right royal c**k-up you can eat the evedance :eat:

Tim

P1260005.jpg

Need to find a space on the cutting mat or a white box to figure out how the zoom works best on this camera.... This was taken at the start of last night, I am still touching up paint and such before I showcase the the completed side with all PE parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P2170004.jpg

This has moved on a bit since the picture was taken, the divider is now on.

P2170005.jpg

This is my trial of adding framing inside the tail, as I have decided to hack off the starboard crew entrance.

P2210023.jpg

The picture looks bad but the figure looks nice, this is one of the many engineers that will be around this diaorama, this one will be in the cockpit doing checks on dials and such.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This build has had so Many problems...

Resin tails breaking, PE parts falling out, plastic man having his arm broken...but I am perserviering and I am going to make the deadline of the 10th... so close... yet so far.

You can do it James, I'm sure you'll be just fine!

All the best mate

Mark

This build has had so Many problems...

Resin tails breaking, PE parts falling out, plastic man having his arm broken...but I am perserviering and I am going to make the deadline of the 10th... so close... yet so far.