RIAT 2006

Mike

Nice! I'm especially jealous of the Mig29 topside shot as I was in the wrong place to get it on both days. I did manage to put together this (heavily cropped) sequence of the 'back flip' though.

OVTSEquence.jpg

Something I discovered is that if you go to the far left end of the Crowdline at the Western end there's hardly anyone around and you can get some very nice approach and landing shots in a very relaxed atmosphere. It's a bit of a hike to the bog though :S, and you're too far away from 'crowd centre' to get shots of them performing. I usually do one day 'in the scrum' near the centre and one more relaxed day at whichever approach end happens to be in use.

Steve.

What lens did you use Andy? That F-16 pic has speed and dynamics, and the Osprey pic is slightly eerie...

Jens

Bog standard, point and shoot Coolpix built-in lens, Jens.

Superb shot!! I actually said "Jesus christ" out loud...stunning picture!

Jake, my words exactly (well nearly for these boards) as he flew over us :analintruder: Departures day Mon 17th, needless to say ATC warned other fast jets, from then on, about non-standard take-offs :whistling:

Do you have a larger version I could use for my desktop?

You can now click on the pic to load the untouched full size photo [2560 x 1920 px - 1.5Mb]

I may be able to build a model in a weekend :analintruder: , but I can't take a photo of a moving aircraft for poo. :fraidnot:

Not a very big enticement though, is it? "Take some good photos of moving planes & I'll give you some poo"... :fraidnot:

Edited by Mike
Cos I get planes & pics confused sometimes :doh:

You nutter Mike! :D

Liked your shots though. Bet you couldn't do that Buff 'glint' shot EVER again!

The Canberra started early the day I was there, so watched its display from by the Greek Phantom. Who needs F-16s when you see the turning circle that Canberra had. Awesome display, at the END of a very long service life.

Andy.

WoW!

Jen

Yes that V-22 takes some getting used to. It looks like nothing else, from every angle.

cheers

Grant

You nutter Mike! :D

Liked your shots though. Bet you couldn't do that Buff 'glint' shot EVER again!

:lol: Yeah, and that's 100% genuine. Actually, Caz reckons it was her that shot that - swears that I was videoing it at the time. I'm not so convinced ;)

I was a bit annoyed at the Canberra going up so early. We'd only been there about 10 minutes when it started rolling, and the damn cloud hadn't burned off by then. The shots would have been SO much better with proper lighting (and some decent lenses).

I came away with a sunburnt wrist, from stabilising my 70-300mm bog-roll tube lens all day :blush:

I'm currently trying to convince Caz she wants to go for 2 days this year... doesn't look promising so far :S

Amazing photos peeps, :worthy:

I may be able to build a model in a weekend :analintruder: , but I can't take a photo of a moving aircraft for poo. :fraidnot:

aye - but don't forget the 6ft high human wall at most airshows - I gave up at Farnborough and just pointed at stuff overhead :D

AMAZING F-16 pic, best I've seen too.

aye - but don't forget the 6ft high human wall at most airshows - I gave up at Farnborough and just pointed at stuff overhead :D

AMAZING F-16 pic, best I've seen too.

After my first visit to Fairford in 2004, I decided to make a holiday of RIAT, and book a room at a Glouscester Travel Inn and get the FRIAT ticket. You get to sit, nearly on show centre, in the grandstand - a nice leisurely drive to the show each day and no 6 ft wall. :speak_cool:

Heres a shot of stand on departure day 2005, just before lunch <_<

DSCN3681.jpg

Glad you liked the F-16 pics everyone. I shall endeavour to go through the rest of my photos before the next RIAT and put them on my site. So far I have only managed to get out the 2,016 photos taken >> Thursday << and >> Friday << photos done.

Edited by Andy Mullen

Bog standard, point and shoot Coolpix built-in lens, Jens.

Jake, my words exactly (well nearly for these boards) as he flew over us :analintruder: Departures day Mon 17th, needless to say ATC warned other fast jets, from then on, about non-standard take-offs :whistling:

You can now click on the pic to load the untouched full size photo [2560 x 1920 px - 1.5Mb]

You're a bit modest Andy!

Coolpix 5700...point and shoot?

A little bit of thought has gone in to the F-16 shot........it's superb! :clap2:

Regards

Rich.....camera sellist