Trumpeter 1/72 F-105G

Paul

It's my birthday today, so very busy.

But I managed to steal away from time to time and make a start on this

Weasel1.jpg

One completed cockpit

Weasel3.jpg

Weasel2.jpg

I just hate that macro lens, it looks way better to my rather dim eyesight!

missed your birthday but thios goes straight to me "to watch" list... treated myself to this kit after christmas so will watch ho wyou progress it... looks gorgeous in the box (perhaps I should leave it unbuilt, that way it wont get spoilt!!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The main painting is now done

Weasel6.jpg

But, I gave myself a bit of an unecessarily difficult job as I didn't paint the ECM dieletric panels black when I did the nose and had to mask around them instead :doh:

Weasel7.jpg

Hopefully I'll finish this weekend :thumbsup:

Just after the decals went on

Weasel8.jpg

and she's finished!

Weasel12.jpg

I really enjoyed this build, struggled in places but its nice to have a thud on the shelf.

Many thanks to all those who helped on this build with information, particularly rossm, Bill Ficner and Haydn :cheers:

And also thanks to those that have left comments on the build thread :cheers:

Finally, thanks to smuts and fisk for hosting :cheers:

Just after the decals went on

Weasel8.jpg

and she's finished!

Weasel12.jpg

I really enjoyed this build, struggled in places but its nice to have a thud on the shelf.

Many thanks to all those who helped on this build with information, particularly rossm, Bill Ficner and Haydn :cheers:

And also thanks to those that have left comments on the build thread :cheers:

Finally, thanks to smuts and fisk for hosting :cheers:

what struggles did you have? any tips on this kit? I hav eit in the stash and keep "feeling the plastic"... think it will wait for a while as have 3 GBs on the go/coming up first

Hi Rob, it was mostly my issues with some of the smallest parts I've ever seen! The fit of the parts is excelent and the intakes are well designed for painting which is great. I didn't get the exhaust assembly though, I couldn't see how to position them more closed.

• 1 month later...

Very nice. The 105 is one of my favorite aircraft. I have built several of the Monogram 1/72 and 1/48th as well as some Revell, but the only Trump version is the 1/32 D model.

Darwin