RQ-4B Global Hawk (1:48 SkunkModel)

Now where do I put it? :hmmm:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

I think I need to get some foam core board to make a box to keep the three assemblies in, as the wingspan of 83cm makes it a tad tricksy to display :S I'm rather glad I altered the wing attachment points to make them demountable. :smartass:

It was built OOB, with only a few minor changes made as I went along. Painting was done exclusively with Lifecolor acrylics and Alclad primers. The build can be seen here if you're interested. Thanks for watching :)

Cheers Woody :)

She's the first of a new breed (that we know of), designed to loiter for an awful long time (around 35 hours) at incredible heights. A new age U-2 without risking the pilot if you like :)

Cheers guys... where does one get foam core board from? Art shop, or somewhere else? Going to use a hot glue gun to fabricate a box with slots for the three parts... it'll help with storage, and carriage to any shows I might attend in future. :hmmm:

Cheers guys :)

Art shop is your best bet, yes.

Found some at the local Rymans in A2 sheets that isn't too pricey if I make a personal appearance. Will pick up a few sheets & borrow my sister's glue gun for a bit of cut & stick :)

Cracking job Mike.

Better get the runway maintenance crew to sort those joints in the hard standing. LOL

Chris.

:lol: you just can't get the staff these days! ;)

You know - I was thinking UAVs were dull, boring etc., etc..

But that's rather nice - me likes that!

Love the tonal/surface texture differences on the fuselage - has come out beatifully!

Iain

Nice one Mike! :clap2:

Now that inspires me to finish mine.

I was worried about the wings drooping too much. See I don't have to worry though.

You also made it so the wings can be removed for transport or storage, is there a noticable gap up close?

Again nice job.

Cheers, Alan

Cheers folks :)

You also made it so the wings can be removed for transport or storage, is there a noticable gap up close?

Hardly any, and it's on a color change so doesn't really notice - Also, it's a really snug fit, so they slide in with a bit of force, and stay put nicely :)

Found some at the local Rymans in A2 sheets that isn't too pricey if I make a personal appearance. Will pick up a few sheets & borrow my sister's glue gun for a bit of cut & stick :)

Should be interesting to see the end result, should you feel so inclined?