My workbench

Thanks for posting that, it makes me feel better that there is someone with a work bench almost as cluttered as mine!

Eric (aka yankymodeler)

Edited by Yankymodeler

1. It's a bit on the tidy side compared to mine.

2. We shop at the same outlet for jam (and I also use the jars for storage!).

:speak_cool:

What ......you untidy Nige???? Never......C would never believe it!!!

Too embarrassed to post pics of mine.

There are at least seven kits in various stages of build on it with sprues, glue, tools, decals and assorted crap everywhere.

My mate visited recently, he couldn't understand how I could find and build anything there.

You'll say I have OCD or something, but here's mine...

Ironically, just after a bit of a clean up. All the gubbins in the wee cupboard (spray "booth" and rattle cans in the garage). Top drawer - painting & weather, 2nd - building and smoothing, 3rd - scratch building bits, 4th - powertools. Little dish is for decals...or cakes.

Out of shot - iPad for streaming of movies, music or live TV. Or for trawling that thar interweb for reference material. In back of shot: Apollo...errr...something. I hated it. It's there to remind me of how grateful I should be, when a kit is fighting me.

I like to keep the reference paint colours blue-tacced to the light, then, when I don't believe them, I look up the internet :)

web.jpg

On the bench: see sig below.

Edited by silverburn

By mutual agreement I'm inclined to work outside in the "shed", which was erected by a previous house-holder who fancied herself as a dressmaker. It's insulated and powered up, and about 10' x 8'.

Shed007.jpg

This is the 'building corner', with an old office manager's desk covered with a thick clear plastic desk protector. Shelves behind for reference books, etc.

Shed003.jpg

The shelves at the back were for display of built models, but odds'n'sods like aftermarket stuff, DVD's and CD's for entertainment and free flight models have pushed them out.

Shed005.jpg

This corner has a little chest of drawers with my aftermarket stuff in it and on the shelves above, and a chest for enamels and airbrushing stuff on the wall. Acrylics I keep in the house during the winter months - even though there's an electric oil radiator on a thermostat and time switch I don't like the idea of the temp dropping below zero and freezing the paints. The box in the bench is where the built models end up - with others in the garage until there's a show for them to see daylight.

Shed002.jpg

This corner is my version of a 'spray booth', note the cheap bathroom extractor fan in the back of a converted old-style computer workstation. A 2' x 4' slab of chipboard replaces the original workstation desktop. Not the best place for a TV - this gets covered with an old towel when I'm spraying, just like putting the budgie to bed.

Shed004.jpg

And looking at these makes me think I really ought to go and tidy the place up!

all very good.... mine is just an old office desk that gets covered in newspaper when I am modelling........ but looking round i see a few things I need to add (light being the main (and easy to rectify) one)

I've taken over my son's old room. Still a work in progress, but so far has a nice big office desk and matching leather swivel chair (courtesy of my gf)

Built in wardrobe houses the stash....

Wardrobe doors are now extra large shelves.

Waiting to get some bookshelves to house my reference and magazines.

After that it's a TV for the X-box and computer and another desk to use when I eventually get my first airbrush...

Pics to follow

Well,

I model on a 'tray' on my knee in the front room, though it never normally looks this tidy!

However, house hunting next year, and I have permission for an extra bedroom as a modelling room!

Dan

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

Here's mine for what it is worth. We have an integral garage which I have converted.

004-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

This is how I hope to eventually have my room. Love the display cases....

If I had a garage tho, it would be full of my half built cars......(my other passion)

Edited by Devilfish

I was a little dissapointed (not jealous, obviously) in the introduction of the shed to this topic, as it takes us to a new level of sophistication. I'm definitely not jealous and the more I say it, the more believable it becomes.

:jealous:

Mine's in my garage - these pics were taken a while ago now, and more shelves have been added:

My screen is now directly in front of me, as it was giving me neck ache on the left there.

old.jpg

This area is a total dump now, and there are shelves on the back wall.

left.jpg

Again - shelves on the back wall, and photobooth installed where the two worktops meet.

right.jpg

Of course, it's a lot messier than it appears in these photos :blush:

my has grown from a old gardening table to want u see in the photo,tv with Sky+ laptop oh and a very good tea lady(Misses),only added the bench were Hood is lying for Hood my only trouble is winter comes around have to move back down stairs ,which is a pain,but hopefully will be up again soon end of Feb DSCF2411.jpg

Don't panic didn't go and buy those lovely bench tops ,been recycled for old unit we had ,kept the shelfs knew they would come in handy one day

Edited by Chris Hewitt